Poll Do you think Bonfire of Teenagers will be released

Will Bonfire of Teenagers be released, and if so, when?

• Total voters
It's honestly hard to tell if there's a real chance of BOT not coming out or if Morrissey's just throwing a hissy fit because it's been delayed.
I don't think there's a real chance, all he has to do is fix one song and they will gladly release it.

I genuinely think they'll release it against his wishes and he'll denounce it and tell people not to buy it

Like Live At The Hollywood Bowl.

I fully understand what you are saying but it would seem they don't need to deal with him any more in order to release it.

On Moz central someone wrote: "This comes at a time when Morrissey has disassociated himself with Capitol Records (Los Angeles), who control the hidden album ‘Bonfire of Teenagers’"

It seems that it is Morrisey that has walked away from them but they still control its fate. For it to be theirs they must have paid for the rights and I expect them to want some return on that investment.

It's a very odd situation.
I don't know if they can alter Veronica without his permission so they may not be able to release it if he doesn't agree. There could be a breach of contract action from either side.

I don't know if they can alter Veronica without his permission so they may not be able to release it if he doesn't agree. There could be a breach of contract action from either side.

Imagine they couldn't give a fark so much that they literally just throw in explicit bleeps any time Miley's vocals are heard and release it like that.

Imagine they couldn't give a fark so much that they literally just throw in explicit bleeps any time Miley's vocals are heard and release it like that.
That would be an improvement over her screeching goat sounds.

Capitol will release it to make their money back, but it won't be a priority. Morrissey will do zero publicity or promotion himself, then rage at the label for not spending millions on an advertising campaign, etc and publicly denounce them (again). Sam will release a crappy home-made promo video 6 months later when no one cares.

Capitol will release it to make their money back, but it won't be a priority. Morrissey will do zero publicity or promotion himself, then rage at the label for not spending millions on an advertising campaign, etc and publicly denounce them (again). Sam will release a crappy home-made promo video 6 months later when no one cares.

Looking forward to the directorial debut of Kiss Me A Lot v2!

Apparently they are doing it, so they either don't need his permission or they have it.

I've said from the very beginning this won't see a release and nothing since has changed my mind.
Having said all that in years to come this will come into the public domain but it won't be any time soon.

We can only hope it never sees the light of day and, over time, assumes the mantel of a great lost masterpiece without ever having to wither in the harsh light of corporeal being.

Miley Cyrus sucks so removing her weak vocals is a blessing. She's a nepo baby if ever there was one.

Miley Cyrus sucks so removing her weak vocals is a blessing. She's a nepo baby if ever there was one.

really? I thought they sounded alright in that clip we got from the Vegas show promo ad.

Though I’d really like to hear the whole studio version (hope it gets leaked) before I come to a final conclusion in my judgment of her contribution.

Looking forward to the directorial debut of Kiss Me A Lot v2!

really wish this whole Miley/Moz Veronica thing worked out, and would have been great if Capitol put up the budget for a proper video with both of them in it, maybe in some better parallel universe this is happening.

really? I thought they sounded alright in that clip we got from the Vegas show promo ad.

Though I’d really like to hear the whole studio version (hope it gets leaked) before I come to a final conclusion in my judgment of her contribution.
I don't think her voice is particularly unique, I think Moz was probably just using her fame. It's a shame it didn't work out but if they used another similar type of singer I don't think people will care.

I don't think her voice is particularly unique, I think Moz was probably just using her fame. It's a shame it didn't work out but if they used another similar type of singer I don't think people will care.

We can barely hear the other guests on his other songs so I don't think it'll make much of a difference.

You didn’t think she was loud enough on the Veronica clip(?)

I've only really paid attention to a few live recordings. Either way, I doubt I'll notice and/or care.

Back
Top Bottom