Do you think Moz will sign my Smiths Sleeve?

I have my "the Smiths" CD Sleeve signed by Johnny, Mike and Andy. One fine day i hope to "bump" in to Morrissey (hopefully when he comes to lovely Edinburgh in feb.). Well i don't know if do i meet him whether i should bug him and ask him to sign it (to complete it). It's a little dream of mine to have something signed by all four of the Smiths but i fear if i ask Morrissey he will be tempted not to purely because the rest of them have. Also i don't know if Morrissey still signs Smiths stuff i know the rest of them do. Can any one help me and tell me what Morrissey would proberally do? I fear my little dream of a complety signed sleeve won't come true but surly it's worth a try.

I reckon he would, if he is going to the extent of not signing fans sleeves just because the others have then that is silly. Go for it, I am sure it shall be fine.

Love PTxx.

If you manage to get him to sign it I'll show my arse outside the City Hall on a freezing February day!

love

Grim

Would it be too hard to get you to do that usually? :p

Love PTxx.

good shout PT, I'm sussed. :p

But Moz won't sign anything by The Smiths unfortunately, so I won't be able to use that excuse to bare my arse at the City Hall.

love

Grim

good shout PT, I'm sussed. :p

But Moz won't sign anything by The Smiths unfortunately, so I won't be able to use that excuse to bare my arse at the City Hall.

love

Grim

How come is so against signing anything Smiths related? Seems a bit sill to me, he cannot hide from the fact he loved The Smiths sadly he just doesn't really like Rourke and Joyce no more...is that the reason?

Love PTxx.

I'm sure I've read plenty of stories where he's signed Smiths stuff. One I can think of in particular is Abrahan's story of when he met him outside his house in LA.

I think he might not like putting his name anywhere near Mike Joyce's though. ;)

I'm sure I've read plenty of stories where he's signed Smiths stuff. One I can think of in particular is Abrahan's story of when he met him outside his house in LA.

I think he might not like putting his name anywhere near Mike Joyce's though. ;)

Morrissey was outside Abrahan's house :eek:!!
or was Abrahan outside Mozzer's?

Love PTxx.

I know he didn't sign Smiths stuff in the '90s, as part of the focusing-on-being-seen-as-a-solo-artist/getting out of the shadow of the Smiths thing. (He had only just added "Shoplifters" when I first saw him in the late '90s) But I thought he'd finally relented on that???

At any rate, good luck even getting near the man. I'd be more surprised to find you'd succeeded at getting close enough to even ask than to find he would/n't sign it.

--jeniphir

I know he didn't sign Smiths stuff in the '90s, as part of the focusing-on-being-seen-as-a-solo-artist/getting out of the shadow of the Smiths thing. (He had only just added "Shoplifters" when I first saw him in the late '90s) But I thought he'd finally relented on that???

At any rate, good luck even getting near the man. I'd be more surprised to find you'd succeeded at getting close enough to even ask than to find he would/n't sign it.

--jeniphir

Yeah, I agree with jeniphir. I mean, back in his early solo career it would have been taboo to even think of asking him to sign a Smiths item. I remember when I went to the Tower Records signing in '94 and asked some people if they thought I could get him to sign Meat is Murder, people looked at me as if I had just uttered an unspeakable curse word of something. lol
Even when he started playing Shoplifters towards the end of the 90s, it might've be iffy. But he seems more secure that he has established himself as a solo artist nowadays as evidenced by his comfortablility mentioning the Smiths and digging deeper and deeper into their back catalogue for his live shows. So , I'm betting he'd be open to signing something like that.
Again, this is dependent on IF you can get anywhere near the man. Which I think would be a far more difficult feat than getting the album signed unfortunately.
Best of luck to ya though, man.
I do have a suggestion though. Here's what not to do if you actually want to get this sought after autograph. ;)
http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=79460:p:D

Maybe it was just everyone else assuming he wouldn't sign Smiths records? I've never heard an actual story of him refusing to do it either.

i saw a youtube video from someone ages ago who met moz on the streets and he signed a smiths cover(hatful if i remember correctly)

Back
Top Bottom