Do you think that Morrissey would like you?

Of course he's LOVE me :)

Seriously tho, if I did ever meet him, I'd more than likely have a heart attack, or something.

At best, I'd talk a load of garbage (nothing new there then. Beat you too it!!!!)
And my nerves would very much get the best of me.

I dunno if I want to. What if he disapointed me or something.
Like, rude, ignorant, dis-respectful etc.
That would ruin my perfect image of him then.

But I'm sure he'd be cool.....

indeed. that's the trick of meeting your heros. they could ruin an image you got just like that!

andy_fozzy said:
I dunno if I want to. What if he disapointed me or something.
Like, rude, ignorant, dis-respectful etc.
That would ruin my perfect image of him then.

But I'm sure he'd be cool.....

Andy (and others) - a while back on this thread a couple of people were kind enough to share some experiences of meeting the great man - sounds like your (and initally also my) concerns would be allayed.

mjp! great display picture! that's one of my all time favourite motion pictures! i just love bill murray. and scarlett johanson too *blushes a bit*
I think I wept when I first saw it! The beauty! The sweetness! And the soundtrack..!

wolve said:
mjp! great display picture! that's one of my all time favourite motion pictures! i just love bill murray. and scarlett johanson too *blushes a bit*
I think I wept when I first saw it! The beauty! The sweetness! And the soundtrack..!

Thanks.

One of my faves too - love the understated romance, the "desparateness" of the situation oh yes and Scarlett Johanson looks amazing in the pink wig.

God I'm so shallow.

So, glad I brought this thread back to life - any more takers on their hopes/fears at meeting Him?

mjp said:
Andy (and others) - a while back on this thread a couple of people were kind enough to share some experiences of meeting the great man - sounds like your (and initally also my) concerns would be allayed.

I'm sure they would.

I've read through the posts, very nice indeed.

You guys that have had the pleasure.....
You know this is a dream of mine??

Lucky so and so's :)

Sunday Girl said:
I think we are (if you can believe anything you read about the man) unbelievably similar people in alot of ways, (asexual, vegetarian, reclusive types with a very dim view of human nature and no desire to marry, to name a few similarities) but it does seem that most people get on better with those who are quite opposite to them. So on that basis we'd probably annoy eachother.

My thoughts also; i've always believed his head is turned by those who seem not to give a damn who he is or what he does, and who are rather wild in their attitude towards life. I'm a very watered down version of the man himself, in that i share almost all his interests and his philosophies (tastes i acquired long before becoming interested in him) but i'm nowhere near being the tortured, reclusive genius (if his public persona is to be believed). Indeed, i think i'd get on with him better as he is now, rather than when he was my age (23) because he seems so much more sociable and willing to take part in life.
Overall, i think i'd be slightly too starstruck to make a decent impression on him; however, i like to think that if we were locked in a bar together for the evening we'd get along just fine, as once i'd surmounted the initial shock and reigned in my desire to throw myself at him like some hormonally charged Bronte-esque heroine, we'd have plenty sane topics to discuss. After all, he is only human ... and the bit where you pull the bloke you fancy usually occurs after a few beers doesn't it?.

I don't know. A lot of the Smiths songs define my life especially Half A Person. I grew up quiet and shy and I've gotten into expressing myself through music. I listen to more music than some would think humanly possible. But I have a lot of sex and eat meat :(

Sir Alec said:
I don't know. A lot of the Smiths songs define my life especially Half A Person. I grew up quiet and shy and I've gotten into expressing myself through music. I listen to more music than some would think humanly possible. But I have a lot of sex and eat meat :(

get you, stud! :D

isthisdesire said:
get you, stud! :D

I have never once been the one hunting for tail. I'm always the prey and I'm not a very attractive person. :confused:

Last night I had a dream that I was in some kind of cage on a beach (I think it was a trampoline of some sort) and I saw 'Meat Is Murder' written in the sand and everybody started chanting so I joined in then realised it was Morrissey who had written in the sand. I stumbled over to him really nervous, just to get a glimpse of him up close and he was led there with Bob Geldof and this other old man and they were staring at me and Morrissey was like 'look, I'm busy, I really don't want to talk to you. Leave me alone.' and I was really gutted.

That's more a Bob thing to say to fans though. I've heard he told one girl to 'f*** off' when she approached him while he was on holiday. I've had other dreams where I met Moz and he's been totally charming.

As to whether he'd like me. I have to say, I don't think he'd think I was anything special. He'd probably take pity on me that so much of my life is spent idolizing him the rest of The Smiths whereas my peers don't really give two hoots. He'd probably think 'you silly little girl, just wait until you grow up and realise how silly you are' in a nice way, not a nasty way.

But then again, who am I to say what he'd think?

Worm said:
I might have missed the reason for the introduction of the Wesley Crusher Hate-A-Thon but just for the record, Wil Wheaton is a good guy, smart and likeable. I know "Wesley" is merely a character but it's tough to see the poor actor's face as a locus of ridicule. Carry on.

don't kick me out for perpetuating the off topic thing here

but just so Worm isn't still lost: Wesley Crusher was Suzanne's avatar at one point...and someone then decided to bash him in this thread!

wolve said:

I am not a crier at aII, but when Mr. Murray undeservingIy Iost that Oscar to Sean Penn I couIdn't heIp myseIf, seeing the sadness and disappointment in my favorite actor's eyes was unbarebIe [you couId see his eyes begin to tear up a bit] ...... I wiII NEVER forget that moment [totaI buIIshit and INJUSTICE] The day before, Murray won best actor at the Indie awards and gave the best/funniest speech EVER, I was certain that he'd win the foIIowing day :(
GOD Iet me down! I thin< I was depressed/fuII of HATE for at Ieast a good month, watching the movie everyday on free PPV and feeIing aII warm inside.....then Hate again! Iove this movie to death, I have a HUGE poster of BiII Murray (in tux, hoIding Suntory gIass, GG edition) on my waII......I'm deepIy in Iove with Bob H. :)

Anyway, Moz wouId totaIIy faII in Iove with me in every aspect, incIuding physicaI....... I'm just an interesting guy in person! The fact that I'm pure and virginaI wouId just top it aII off and seaI the deaI......it happens aII the time......aII my friends are in Iove with me.... They just can't heIp themseIves. Of course they've <nown me for a Iong time...... in the begining aImost everyone I meet immediateIy hates me because I'm an arrogant IittIe bitch and because they feeI intimidated, so Moz wouId most defenetIy repudiate me if we onIy had a few minutes to meet...... We wouId have to meet each other a few times for Iong periods of time before he'd start to see the good in me, then he'd be totaIIy hoo<ed.

So the answer to the originaI question of this thread is..... NO, he wouId HATE me, unIess he's a weirdo who enjoys my venemous sense of humor.

DAnn Coulter said:
Anyway, Moz wouId totaIIy faII in Iove with me in every aspect, incIuding physicaI.......

DAnn, have you shown Moz (and us) you in members pics?
If not, please do ASAP, since I want to see how good you look...
If yes, please tell me what page you are on!

:D

Watch your back, Pervo! DAnn's coming the ladies' ways;)

well have a look at it.

Back
Top Bottom