Does going to multiple gigs on the same tour devalue the experience for you?

Fulham Road Lights

Ill-adjusted
I went to Leeds and may now have the chance to go to Liverpool. However, I have only been to two shows before Leeds and part of the reason they were great was the difference of the shows. So to go to Liverpool, to be faced with exactly the same show, with an identical setlist, I think that the Morrissey live experience may be devalued for me. Absence makes the heart grow fonder and all that. But he's still my hero, my idol, so part of me wants to see him as much as I can. Anyway, what are your thoughts on this, whether you devoutly follow him from show to show or like me, you have only made one show on each tour since you got into Morrissey?

GO! GO! GO!

nothing could devalue the experience of seeing numberous shows not even the elbows, pushing and obstructed views.
make the most of it and enjoy.

do you have a better offer this Saturday?

GO! GO! GO!

nothing could devalue the experience of seeing numberous shows not even the elbows, pushing and obstructed views.
make the most of it and enjoy.

do you have a better offer this Saturday?

I did have a prior arrangement on Saturday, but managed to delay it for a week due to something else that was more pressing. For some reason, when I made the post, I had completely forgotten about the reason for delaying the prior arrangement. So I can't go anyway. But I still think the thread poses a valid question.

No but listening to people moan about missing out on their 25th gig and so on does.

Hmmm interesting. I have done a fair few on some tours (95,04 and 06) and then only one or a couple on other tours. (91, 92, 99, 08, 09)

When I did the ringleader tour I found myself getting rather bored to be honest by the 6th or 7th gig! Thought he last night of the tour in London made up for it.

If I was in your position I prob wouldn't go (not that you are now!) as the venue is going to be too big.

I certainly think it would. I mean these people who go to 30+ gigs of his in one tour, how many times can they appreciate First Of The Gang To Die when they've heard it three dozen times? Which one do they decide was the best live version? Most probably won't even remember past about 5 gigs a year.

It should be special and once in a life time and a rare occassion, of course you lose the value of the experience.

Not if they're in the low singles and well-spaced out, I would think.

I don't know how anyone "follows" a tour. Jayziz. But, each to their own, of course.

I think if you go to multiple gigs you should at least have the decency not to bore us all by pointlessly whining about the setlist not changing.

You're joking - I'd love to go to another one! :crazy:

liverpool will be my 5th show on the swords tour, each night so far has been completely different. I for one have loved this setlist, some cracking songs and would go to more gigs in euroupe if i could. Also without looking to much into the future the chances of Moz touring loads in the future is in my opinion quite low, so whilst you have a chance GO

Back
Top Bottom