Dublin - Vicar Street (July 15, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

How Soon Is Now? / Suedehead / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Irish Blood, English Heart / Girlfriend In A Coma / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Notre-Dame / I Wish You Lonely / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / The Night Pop Dropped / My Hurling Days Are Done / Half A Person / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Knockabout World / The Loop / Our Frank / Bonfire Of Teenagers / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of @ACTON

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasn't having a go at you Acton - I was just putting it out there - but I appreciate your view. I still find it a bit off though, a bit voyeuristic, as if it is staged: "uncle, throw your t shirt over here so I can video it." Maybe it's just me...
I think it was staged. I think it was obvious it was staged. I don't think that's a big crime. M is only staging for a video which happens naturally at times anyway. Its not like people fighting for things M throws, doesn't happen.
When pop stars do gigs, what they do is staged by its fecking nature. When you film a gig, you want it to catch the experience, so you make sure things happen, in case they don't happen on that night.
I think with M, folk get disappointed when they think he isn't being real. He usually is, but in a more affected way.He is the most real pop star, there has been but he is still a pop star, which isn't an authentic art form. M tries to make it as authentic as he can.

I don't mind that. The only time I ever felt slightly weird about it was at a Moz concert in the Point (now 3Arena) in Dublin in 1995. Moz was supporting the Bowie Outside tour. At the end of the final song (National Front) Moz took off the shirt and spent ages rubbing it under his arms before throwing it to audience. I remember thinking 'who wants a sweat soggy piece of cloth?'. Maybe I'm weird!
No you're certainly not weird! I also find this whole "rubbing my sweat into the shirt" thing before throwing it he has going on a bit over the top and slightly unpleasant. But on the other hand I'm sure there are lot of people really liking it. What disturbed me the most was this old GIF of him (is it real?) where he shoved it in his pants before throwing it...

I think it was staged. I think it was obvious it was staged. I don't think that's a big crime. M is only staging for a video which happens naturally at times anyway. Its not like people fighting for things M throws, doesn't happen.
When pop stars do gigs, what they do is staged by its fecking nature. When you film a gig, you want it to catch the experience, so you make sure things happen, in case they don't happen on that night.
I think with M, folk get disappointed when they think he isn't being real. He usually is, but in a more affected way.He is the most real pop star, there has been but he is still a pop star, which isn't an authentic art form. M tries to make it as authentic as he can.

I just find it, the videoing of the shirt toss, a bit too much. I think it's had its day, but that's just my view. I also have seen some brutal fights over shirts, don't need to see any more. Enjoy the rest of your day Mr B.

Fantastic Dublin crowd featuring Morrissey, singing Half a Person ( full song )

Trina is hot and I love her outfits.

Luke is hot but really mean : /

Morrissey was fantastic and looked absolutely gorgeous. All the people in his band are hot and talented.

Trina is hot and I love her outfits.

Luke is hot but really mean : /

Morrissey was fantastic and looked absolutely gorgeous. All the people in his band are hot and talented.
Lol
Trina looks like she’s wearing oxfam left overs, but then she’s spending her credits buying Moz gifts to get a guest pass. She’s nasty and hateful and attacks everyone

As for Luke. He looks like he sleeps on the sidewalk. He’s never done any work in his life and is a pauper. I wonder what he’s trick is and why he’s trying to do all shows.

8/10 both evenings with Moz.

Last edited:
No you're certainly not weird! I also find this whole "rubbing my sweat into the shirt" thing before throwing it he has going on a bit over the top and slightly unpleasant. But on the other hand I'm sure there are lot of people really liking it. What disturbed me the most was this old GIF of him (is it real?) where he shoved it in his pants before throwing it
had a g/f that caught a piece of his shirt, said it smelled of cloves

I just find it, the videoing of the shirt toss, a bit too much. I think it's had its day, but that's just my view. I also have seen some brutal fights over shirts, don't need to see any more. Enjoy the rest of your day Mr B.

I’m sure I’ve mentioned this before on here but I have parts of both of his shirts from his gig at the Aragon Ballroom in Chicago in 1991 - including the shirt he’s wearing on the cover of the You’re The One For Me, Fatty single - and the frothing gang of people who leapt on me as I caught that shirt was wild, all gnashing teeth ripping at the shirt, causing the two front rows of seats to collapse, crushing a woman’s legs, & by the end of it I was left with a tiny scrap of the garment.

People have been fighting like animals over his sweaty shirts ever since he began throwing them into the audience, & I don’t imagine it will ever be any different.

People have been fighting like animals over his sweaty shirts ever since he began throwing them into the audience, & I don’t imagine it will ever be any different.
Personally I agree with the sentiment that the shirt toss has become tired and slightly undignified. To change it up I think he should start wearing stripper's trousers for the encore, rip those off and toss them into the pit instead.

Fantastic Dublin crowd featuring Morrissey, singing Half a Person ( full song )

Really great filming for the sing along. Whole band (+crew!). Excellent, must be one of the best.
HalfPerson_DerekClancy1.jpg

HalfPerson_DerekClancy2.jpg

HalfPerson_DerekClancy3.jpg

Edit: Ah except Camilla of course tucked away. Derek does catch her in his whole show upload for her EDILS prelude:
EDILS_Camilla_DerekClancy.jpg

Last edited:
Personally I agree with the sentiment that the shirt toss has become tired and slightly undignified. To change it up I think he should start wearing stripper's trousers for the encore, rip those off and toss them into the pit instead.

Tired and slightly undignified. Well put, if I may say. I'd rather he put some more clothes on his back, avoid catching a cold and maybe avoid cancelling gigs. Just a thought...

No you're certainly not weird! I also find this whole "rubbing my sweat into the shirt" thing before throwing it he has going on a bit over the top and slightly unpleasant. But on the other hand I'm sure there are lot of people really liking it. What disturbed me the most was this old GIF of him (is it real?) where he shoved it in his pants before throwing it...
Show it!

Lol
Trina looks like she’s wearing oxfam left overs, but then she’s spending her credits buying Moz gifts to get a guest pass. She’s nasty and hateful and attacks everyone

As for Luke. He looks like he sleeps on the sidewalk. He’s never done any work in his life and is a pauper. I wonder what he’s trick is and why he’s trying to do all shows.

8/10 both evenings with Moz.
what is guest pass?)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom