Everyday Is Like Sunday - midweek chart position

So it's currently 30th then.

Re: Everyday is Like Sunday mid-week chart position

....Everyday is Like Sunday at number 28 in the mid-week chart.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chart/update/singles

Was Morrissey hoping for more?

I think he'd be pretty pleased with top 30 but it's receiving virtually no airplay so it won't stay there.
His main concern is probably the prospect of getting his worst ever chart position and missing the top 50 altogether which is possible if a little unlikley...

I would say anything over 30 is pretty good. I was afraid of much worse.

the live version is great. recommend downloading it onto computer/iPod rather than using vinyl to mp3 software.

I agree. It's very good and well worth acquiring.

I do think if they'd backed it with totally unreleased never heard before b-sides (I Know Who I Love and so forth) and had them available for download, the single would be doing better.

Yeahh BBC have ranked it higher! As long as your in the top 30 Morrissey! It is a re-release afterall!

It's his (or EMI's) own bloody stupid fault. The cd with the previously unreleased b-side is only realistically going to be stock by HMV, and they hide their singles somewhere between the books & the t-shirts. I've just been & I couldn't find it.
Though, it'll still be number one as far as physical sales are concerned but that's not where you get the chart positions.

If you could legally download all the tracks (from Amazon for example) instead of just the title track, much more people would buy it & we'd be talking top 20.

It's his (or EMI's) own bloody stupid fault. The cd with the previously unreleased b-side is only realistically going to be stock by HMV, and they hide their singles somewhere between the books & the t-shirts. I've just been & I couldn't find it.
Though, it'll still be number one as far as physical sales are concerned but that's not where you get the chart positions.

If you could legally download all the tracks (from Amazon for example) instead of just the title track, much more people would buy it & we'd be talking top 20.

Wouldn't that be more HMVs bloody stupid fault? I went in to Glasgow's largest HMV expecting to find nowt this week (Decca regularly failed to get their Moz stock into shops in the first week) I found (eventually) a dozen of each 7inch and plenty of cds. But the point is I spent about 5 minutes hunting the store to find any singles, let alone Morrissey's. EMI are getting the stock out there at least. The Fact that HMV are hiding it, in favour of their beloved 'computer games', is another matter...

Wouldn't that be more HMVs bloody stupid fault? I went in to Glasgow's largest HMV expecting to find nowt this week (Decca regularly failed to get their Moz stock into shops in the first week) I found (eventually) a dozen of each 7inch and plenty of cds. But the point is I spent about 5 minutes hunting the store to find any singles, let alone Morrissey's. EMI are getting the stock out there at least. The Fact that HMV are hiding it, in favour of their beloved 'computer games', is another matter...

Well, yes. But my point was CD single sales are next to zero, EMI didn't help themselves with a restricted download option.

Is it available in full on iTunes?

It isn't a fault on HMV's part at all. The physical singles market is diminishing all the time due to downloads, lack of interest and other factors so the fact that HMV choose to promote the 'mega-bucks' computer games in a more prominent area of the store actually makes perfect business sense, that's the sad reality of it all.

It isn't a fault on HMV's part at all. The physical singles market is diminishing all the time due to downloads, lack of interest and other factors so the fact that HMV choose to promote the 'mega-bucks' computer games in a more prominent area of the store actually makes perfect business sense, that's the sad reality of it all.

Yeah, fair enough.
It is a sad reality, you're quite correct ~ for those of us who despair at the dead-eyed, mouth-breathing zombies stood playing the in-store computer games as we hunt for a silly little pop single.

Back
Top Bottom