Fair vs Unfair: The Residency Package

Well I dont see that stated anywhere right? They will figure something out. I really just wanna know how much a ticket is going to cost in general.

no, purely speculation on my part. I just have a feeling thats whats gonna happen. Which is fine, considering I meet the criteria(as Im sure all of us posting here do)

Yeah true, I also have concerns with Live Nation running the show for this as it is. You will notice all 3 venues are Live Nation controlled. There will be some safegaurds put in there I am sure. I will give you an example. The Smashing Pumpkins played their 11 night residency at the Fillmore this past July and there was lots of safegaurds on buying tickets and whatnot(ticket limits and such). And all shows were made will call only and no transfers were allowed. So things of that nature might be implemented to not screw over the ticket buyer, but there is bound to be a loophole.

Yeah true, I also have concerns with Live Nation running the show for this as it is. You will notice all 3 venues are Live Nation controlled. There will be some safegaurds put in there I am sure. I will give you an example. The Smashing Pumpkins played their 11 night residency at the Fillmore this past July and there was lots of safegaurds on buying tickets and whatnot(ticket limits and such). And all shows were made will call only and no transfers were allowed. So things of that nature might be implemented to not screw over the ticket buyer, but there is bound to be a loophole.

I'm curious to know if the Smashing Pumpkins had the exact same deal, e.g., jump the queue if you buy the package. How was that handled?

Things such as ticket limits don't stop brokers. However, specifying the ticketholder's name at time of purchase and being non-transferable should.

well, as long as those of us who want the residencies get them and dont get screwed, they can do whatever silly nonsense they want.

I'm curious to know if the Smashing Pumpkins had the exact same deal, e.g., jump the queue if you buy the package. How was that handled?

Things such as ticket limits don't stop brokers. However, specifying the ticketholder's name at time of purchase and being non-transferable should.

No, nobody had front of line privelages, there was no ''package'' involved I was just using this as an example of somebody having a residency recently and putting restrictions on how tickets were handleed. There were a few people I met when I went(to one show) that were going to all of them but that was not offered obvisouly because they didnt have such a arrangement. The scalpers only had one way of getting tickets and being able to sell them though. Oh the ticket limit was 2 fyi. They had to team up and buy 2 pairs of tickets because also when you went to pick up your tickets, you had to go directly into the venue, there was not just a window where you got them and then you could leave you just had to go right upstairs, no exceptions. Security was there and everythign watching. I just wish Moz was as nice as Billy Corgan and only charged $30 a ticket.

Well I dont see that stated anywhere right? They will figure something out. I really just wanna know how much a ticket is going to cost in general.

Yes this is killing me!! If tix's are around $64 bucks it will be around $640 dollars for 10 days in LA. Now, I know that is a deal, but for 2 of this seasons tixs that's about $1,280.00 before any tax's. So I guess I will not be able to pay rent next month. But besides the price, does that mean if you don't get these season tix there is no way of buying tix's for the front if you just can go to one show? I really hope their are some more details before Monday!!:confused:

Last edited:
Well using Hammerstein as an example they knocked off a lot of $$ from the price though. I mean $200 for 5 performances is $40 a night whcih is really cheap. So if this carries over for L.A. then it will be lats say $400 - $500 for the 10 nights which is failry reasonable.

^^^I do know it is really a good deal for seeing Moz, especially since this might, dare I say the last time (which I know is not true). But I hope it's not more than what I think they might be price at, but I will be going in if I have to sit in the very back:)

No, nobody had front of line privelages, there was no ''package'' involved I was just using this as an example of somebody having a residency recently and putting restrictions on how tickets were handleed. There were a few people I met when I went(to one show) that were going to all of them but that was not offered obvisouly because they didnt have such a arrangement. The scalpers only had one way of getting tickets and being able to sell them though. Oh the ticket limit was 2 fyi. They had to team up and buy 2 pairs of tickets because also when you went to pick up your tickets, you had to go directly into the venue, there was not just a window where you got them and then you could leave you just had to go right upstairs, no exceptions. Security was there and everythign watching. I just wish Moz was as nice as Billy Corgan and only charged $30 a ticket.

Oh, thanks for clearing that up.

I'm thinking about getting a 5-show NYC pass for myself and a single ticket for my wife for the Saturday show. If I can't give the first two nights of the pass to my sister-in-law in Jersey, so be it--$200 for two, possibly three nights in NYC will be totally worth it. Plus I can probably make it all back by eBaying the poster :)

residency is not fair. they already LIVE there! They'er getting a break becuase they dont have to get a hotel! I have to get a hotel, and buy train tix or gas... it costs a LOT for me to go to NY to see a show!

residency is not fair. they already LIVE there! They'er getting a break becuase they dont have to get a hotel! I have to get a hotel, and buy train tix or gas... it costs a LOT for me to go to NY to see a show!

Residency passes are a nice break for those of us who are looking at $200+ per night hotel rates and paying airfare, plus all the lost wages, etc. of disappearing from home for a week... it is going to cost a lot to be there. I appreciate the break and hope it works out so that the people who were intended to receive it, get it.

3 night Manchester residency? I was there.

I'm sure some went to all 3 Sunday Night at the 3 London Palladium gigs too.

10 nights in one venue? I mean even I'd get a bit bored after the fifth night, assuming the setlist isn't greatly altered. Which, on past form, I would hazard a guess it won't be.

I went to 10 gigs last year and frankly found myself getting rather irritated by the 8th, although that may have been something to do with something else.

Residency passes are a nice break for those of us who are looking at $200+ per night hotel rates and paying airfare, plus all the lost wages, etc. of disappearing from home for a week... it is going to cost a lot to be there. I appreciate the break and hope it works out so that the people who were intended to receive it, get it.

dso you have to br a resident of the state? i am confused.

dso you have to br a resident of the state? i am confused.

No, they also referred to them as "Season tickets". It's just a break for the ones who go to as many shows as possible. Anyone will be able to buy them- right? I hope. It doesn't make sense otherwise.

Gotta go pick up a kidlet at school.

OH well then never mind, i was confused. i thought you had to be a NY resident LOL

Then yes they are totally fair i changeded my minded.

I'm looking at going to two or three NYC shows but it seems it might be a smart move to just buy the package and sell the extra tickets on here (face value.)

Anyone want a Mon and Tues ticket if I get the package?

I'm looking at going to two or three NYC shows but it seems it might be a smart move to just buy the package and sell the extra tickets on here (face value.)

Anyone want a Mon and Tues ticket if I get the package?

I'm trying to do the same. Is the package going to be 5 separate tix that can be doled out to friends as needed, or are they inseparable?

Back
Top Bottom