Fans singing along

Marie

Hey,
I'm new here, and thought I'd try something we did on a different artist's forum - it's really fun! We took a song and split it up into different lines, then everyone recorded themselves singing a line and posted it. We then edited the lines together to make the whole song. It doesn't matter if you can't sing (I certainly can't!) and the more people who join the better! Is anyone interested in doing this?

(Here's the one we did on the other forum) not a great song, I know, but just to give an idea of how it works!

I put my Media Player on random and it picked 'You Know I Couldn't Last'. Open to other suggestions though! Here are the lines:

1. The whispering, May hurt you
2. But the printed word might kill you
3. The whispering, May hurt you
4. But the printed word might kill you
5. So don't let the blue, The blue eyes fool you
6. They're just gelignite, Loaded and aiming right between your eyes
7. CDs and T-shirts, promos and God knows… oh
8. You know I couldn't last
9. Someone please take me home
10. The teenagers, Who love you,
11. They will wake up, yawn and kill you
12. The teenagers, Who love you,
13. They will wake up, yawn and kill you
14. So don't let the blue, The blue eyes fool you
15. They're just gelignite, Loaded and aiming right between your eyes
16. CDs and T-shirts, promos and God knows… oh
17. You know I couldn't last
18. Someone please take me home
19. There's a cash register ringing and
20. It weighs so heavy on my back
21. Someone please take me home
22. The critics who, Can't break you
23. They somehow help to make you
24. The critics who, Can't break you, Unwittingly they make you
25. So don't let the good days, Of the gold discs, Creep up and mug you
26. No, no, no, no, no, with evil legal eagles… oh
27. You know I couldn't last, Accountants rampant… oh
28. You know I couldn't last
29. Every -ist and every -ism, Thrown my way to stay
30. And the northern leeches go on, Removing, removing, removing
31. Then in the end, Your royalties bring you luxuries,
32. Your royalties bring you luxuries, Oh but
33. The squalor of the mind, The squalor of the mind, The squalor of the mind

So is anyone interested in doing this? If so, claim a line! :)

Do you have a mic inbuilt to your pc? Or an external one? If not, if you plug your headphones into the microphone socket, it acts as (a really quiet) mic. Then I just use the 'Sound Recorder' program that comes with Windows.

Isn't it bad enough having to listening to the sing-a-longers on the 2006 bootlegs? The guy on Let Me Kiss You springs to mind from one of the first boots.

girlunafraid said:
Isn't it bad enough having to listening to the sing-a-longers on the 2006 bootlegs? The guy on Let Me Kiss You springs to mind from one of the first boots.

I quite like the sing-a-long sound. Well, not when it's all you can hear like the Moz recording I did on my phone at P'mouth - all I can hear is myself shout/singing as loud as I can...but when it's just a gentle roar of everyone together it's quite nice.

I hate to have to be the bitch here, but the idea of this sounds nerd-ish to me........
I'm fond of fans singing a!ong at concerts [I do myse!f] but this is a bit much........sorry! ;)

sounds like 'Band Aid'

all i can imagine reading this is over bloated egotistical pop stars posing on the original versions video....

The Goat

Back
Top Bottom