father ted

And this was an RTE show?! I know Irish people have very lively senses of humour, but I would have thought the portrayal of priests as swearing boozers would perhaps have caused offense... Well, good for them that they don't give a feck and can take a joke.

And this was an RTE show?! I know Irish people have very lively senses of humour, but I would have thought the portrayal of priests as swearing boozers would perhaps have caused offense... Well, good for them that they don't give a feck and can take a joke.

Of course when it was first aired in 1995 some people complained about it, but the creators themselves are Catholic, they are entitled to make fun of stupidity of the establishment.

I was lucky enough to spend a week with the cast as they filmed the final series of Ted in Ireland.
Here's a few pics I took, keep in mind that I am not a photographer and was using an unfamiliar camera.

EDIT: Pictures will be added when I can work out how to do it.

Last edited:
SMEG...oh shit, wrong programme :lbf:
They really should do a bring back programme, but with the remaining characters like Father Jack and Doogle! I'd love to see what would happen to Jack if he escaped from Ireland! Probably....FECK, DRINK....GALS! :lbf:

Edit: Does anyone like the episode of the 90 year old priests playing football? It's hillarious!

one of my fave episodes..

Last edited by a moderator:
Tags
feck off!
Back
Top Bottom