Glaobal Warming - your thoughts

The Seeker of Good Songs

What are your thougts on the topic of Global Warming?

Since 99.9% of all scientists agree on it, I'm gonna go with them, seeing how they actually know what they're talking about, opposed to the media.

DOOMED WE'RE ALL DOOMED.

I'm not entirely convinced, but I'm sure that's down to not really knowing anything about it. I did read an article somewhere about how, in the grand scheme of things, we're still technically coming out of the last ice age and the skeptical nature of that has stayed with me. Plus apparantly this was the warmest January for 80 years or whatever and that's because of global warming. But no one's explained why that January 80 years ago was so warm.

What really annoys me though is the press treatment of it. One night the BBC News is saying it's dreadful and we're all going to die and everything's just f***ed right up. And then the next day they're going on about how great it is that it was 10 degrees today which is great for this time of year and everyone go out there and enjoy it while you can - and look! People were buying ice creams in Scotland! What great weather this is. And then the next day they're saying it's a distaster again.

Well I'm glad you find it funny... what about the kids???

This irresponsible attitude is half of the problem!!!

The other half is split between America and Thatcher! :D

People were buying ice creams in Scotland! What great weather this is. And then the next day they're saying it's a distaster again.

yes but they were deep-fried!

Aye they've known about global warming for decades now but it mustn't get in the way of global profit!

love

Grim
P.s. we've been out to see a play tonight & it was boody freezing when we got out at 9.20pm.

P.p.s. it was called the road to Lisbon & it was ace & I'm not a celtic fan

Since 99.9% of all scientists agree on it, I'm gonna go with them, seeing how they actually know what they're talking about, opposed to the media.

I flat out refuse to get involved here, and I am not commenting on anything in particular, not even directly applied to scientists, just don't ever completely trust a large group of people. People don't blindly trust politicians as being honest about politics, people don't blindly trust corporations to be honest about their products, and so I don't blindly trust scientists to be honest about science. Remember, I am not directly referring to scientists and am directly refusing to talk about global warming, I'm just saying I find it a bit unnerving that people will blindly trust scientists, and doctors too, and perhaps teachers, to be perfect and always honest. That is never the case.

K, I do hope you enjoy the health benefits of smoking & if you don't smoke just now I recommend you take it up immediately because them wicked scientists claim (ha-ha) that they cause cancer, but I don't trust 'em. I would smoke but I don't like it.

love

Grim (gorra light mate, it's not fi me, it's fi me fag)

I flat out refuse to get involved here, and I am not commenting on anything in particular, not even directly applied to scientists, just don't ever completely trust a large group of people. People don't blindly trust politicians as being honest about politics, people don't blindly trust corporations to be honest about their products, and so I don't blindly trust scientists to be honest about science. Remember, I am not directly referring to scientists and am directly refusing to talk about global warming, I'm just saying I find it a bit unnerving that people will blindly trust scientists, and doctors too, and perhaps teachers, to be perfect and always honest. That is never the case.

I have mixed views both for and against Global warming. Firstly it is killing off the beautiful world we are abusing, but then humans will pay the ultimate price for greed, ignorance and egotistical behaviour and I am throughly in support of this notion.

Decisions, decisions, decisions.

I see your point about trusting what scietists say witout knowing much about these subjects ourselves (most of us don't, anyway), but as others have pointed out, our everyday lives are based on science, and it seems to be working. I'm curious, apart from your ideological problems with it, has science ever let you down? :)

I have mixed views both for and against Global warming. Firstly it is killing off the beautiful world we are abusing, but then humans will pay the ultimate price for greed, ignorance and egotistical behaviour and I am throughly in support of this notion.

Decisions, decisions, decisions.

WHY DON'T YOU LIKE HUMANOIDS KICKSTAND?

I wondered when TMYEM would share his ever so insightful opinions. :rolleyes:

I don't like humans because humans nature is very much corrupt. Greed, death and destruction is all humans offer this planet.

I wondered when TMYEM would share his ever so insightful opinions. :rolleyes:

I don't like humans because humans nature is very much corrupt. Greed, death and destruction is all humans offer this planet.

why dont you consider becoming a dog then, paint yourself black and go around on all fours woofing?

I take it sensible discussion is not your forte? Why have you chosen the colour black, when Dogs have more than one colour characteristic?

I take it sensible discussion is not your forte? Why have you chosen the colour black, when Dogs have more than one colour characteristic?

I chose a black doggy for you to match your mood, what are you implying? Anyway JUST ANSWER MY QUESTION, WOULD YOU CONSIDER TURNING INTO A DOG?

Back
Top Bottom