Help Give A Big “F” You To Simon Cowell

T

therightone

Help give a big “F” you to Simon Cowell and what he represents in this crappy time of pop music dominating the Charts. A fan-orchestrated campaign is urging people to download the 1992 track “Killing in the name” this week so it can stop the TV show (X-Factor) winner Joe McElderry from reaching the top of the charts, and so prevent Simon Cowell's series from claiming its fifth consecutive Christmas Number One. RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE WILL GIVE ALL ROYALTIES TO CHARITY!!!

2612d1y.jpg

Reminds me of Tom Parker (the Colonel). He was way before his time in exploiting every commercial avenue. He used to sell badges with "I Love Elvis" to fans, by the shed load. As a reaction to this "I Hate Elvis" badges started to appear all over. Tom Parker was behind these as well, so he was coining it in either way!

Reminds me of Tom Parker (the Colonel). He was way before his time in exploiting every commercial avenue. He used to sell badges with "I Love Elvis" to fans, by the shed load. As a reaction to this "I Hate Elvis" badges started to appear all over. Tom Parker was behind these as well, so he was coining it in either way!

Brel
Wasn't it the Colonel, who upon hearing of Elvis' death said ''what a great career move'':eek:

Jukebox Jury

Brel
Wasn't it the Colonel, who upon hearing of Elvis' death said ''what a great career move'':eek:

Jukebox Jury

Something along the lines of "Best career move yet" rings a bell. He wasn't wrong?

Some of those that work forces, are the same that burn crosses...

Brel

Jukebox Jury

You gotta admit, it's hilarious AND true!

Rage Against the Machine is Christmas Number One

Simon Cowell has suffered a rare setback after rap metal act Rage Against The Machine snatched the Christmas number one from his X Factor winner Joe McElderry.

6fmx5z.jpg

good plan accept that ratm's label is sony and simon cowell is a shareholder. win win for him really. who knows, he might be behind volunteering ratm as the alternative.

Plus, I thought that RATM was like this serious political unit dedicated to the annihilation of fascism, and now they are focused on the Christmas Number One and X-Factor?

Does this mean that they were cool with Crazy Frog?

Rage Against the Machine Win U.K. Christmas Single Battle

In one of the most unexpected victories of this decade, Rage Against the Machine’s “Killing in the Name” beat out The X Factor winner Joe McElderry’s “The Climb” to become the U.K.’s Christmas Number One single. The victory was aided by a grassroots Facebook campaign that chose Rage’s 1992 hit to halt a run of four consecutive wins for the Simon Cowell-produced reality competition show. According to the BBC, the final tally revealed Rage had beaten McElderry by around 50,000 downloads.

The race was at one point much closer than the 50K-gap outcome, but Rage’s announcement last week that they’d perform a free “thank you” gig in the U.K. led to a late frenzy of downloads before the December 19th deadline. “It will be the victory party to end all victory parties,” guitarist Tom Morello promised, adding that both McElderry and Cowell would be invited to MC the show. On his Twitter early this morning, Morello tweeted, “Quite a day! Thanks again for making Rage part of this historic campaign. Changing the charts or the world: together we can’t be stopped.” Rage has also vowed to give all the royalties from the “Killing” downloading spree to charity Shelter.

Despite previously criticizing the campaign, Cowell took the Christmas single loss admirably, saying he had already called Jon and Tracy Morter — the organizers of the Facebook effort — to congratulate them. “I called Jon on Saturday to congratulate the two of them that, win or lose, they turned this into a very exciting race for the Christmas Number One,” Cowell told the BBC. Even Paul McCartney, who appeared on the massively popular X Factor this season, spoke out in support of Rage’s campaign, saying a victory for the 1992 song would be “funny” and “prove a point.”

“The people in the U.K. are tired of being spoon-fed one schmaltzy ballad after another and they want to back their own charts, and we are honored that they have chosen our song to be the rebel anthem to try to topple The X Factor label,” Morello told the BBC5 moments before Rage performed “Killing in the Name” live over the airwaves. Rage’s performance was cut short after frontman Zack de la Rocha sang “f*** you, I won’t do what you tell me” four times over the air.

16byc9e.jpg

Back
Top Bottom