Hm....if Morrissey cancels this tour..

M

Mimi

...it would be like putting the death penalty on himself! Honestly, think about it.... after building up all this tension and anticipation for all these years, and after all these people have rushed out to buy tickets and have made travelling plans (because honestly, how many fans actually LIVE in most of the cities listed) - to cancel this tour would piss most of them off so much that they would lose faith in him forever.

Morrissey is not a very commercial artist, but one who relies entirely on a concentrated loyal fan base, and it's no good idea to upset the whole lot.

I think I can see this from a rather objective point of view as I wasn't gonna go/wouldn't be going to any of these shows anyway.... (not unless I can get a cheap bus fare from Hamburg to California that is...). But come to think of it, this tour has been so unorganised and suspiciously spontaneous from the start that it will be a complete miracle if it really happens as planned..... Even for Morrissey, the best way to tour would be to get a deal and a record out first, then get all these blood and money sucking managers and agents in to organise everything and for him to just get on stage and sing. Why make it more complicated than really necessary?

Back
Top Bottom