HMV / Parlaphone Statement

Jukebox Jury

Retired
Am I the only one shaking the head at the ''for the 1st time ever........' opening line of the statement on the front page.

''For the 1st time ever on a 3-CD package....':rolleyes: - as if they are doing us a favour:rolleyes:

So in 3 years time when they re-issue the singles again, it will be
''for the first time ever on a 2-CD package'' or ''vinyl with a pink and grey sleeve'' or ''2 cassette tapes''.

What it should be advertised as is
''For the fourth time in various formats.........'':(

Jukebox Jury

Ps either way, I wont be buying it.

Last edited:
I think this is a pretty cool release actually.
Alot of my singles cd's are scratched & it will probably be cheaper to buy this than the (compact disc editions) of the singles boxed sets again.

Although of course most people, as you say, won't be interested in buying all the songs they already have again just cos they're in a handy 3 cd package but that isn't why EMI are releasing it.

Firstly, they're releasing it cos they're money grubbing private equity owning know f**k all about music bastards.

Secondly, it's so they can sell the songs individually as MP3's.Their target market appears to be pre 2004 fans who might be missing one or two I'm assuming there's some reason why they can't relase the singles as mp3's individually.

When's it out?

PS It's just occured to me that EMI might be doing all these re-issues just to annoy Morrissey. And if that's the reason, I'm sorry but I can only applaud them.

Last edited:
No you're not the only one. I said this a few days ago on the front page when it was announced. But it's certainly more convenient to have them on 3 cds. Why bother buying them anyway when there is always some tosser on this site posting them for download so they can get a pat on the back. Multi does it all the time :crazy:

I think this is a pretty cool release actually.
Alot of my singles cd's are scratched & it will probably be cheaper to buy this than the (compact disc editions) of the singles boxed sets again.

Although of course most people, as you say, won't be interested in buying all the songs they already have again just cos they're in a handy 3 cd package but that isn't why EMI are releasing it.

Firstly, they're releasing it cos they're money grubbing private equity owning know f**k all about music bastards.

Secondly, it's so they can sell the songs individually as MP3's.Their target market appears to be pre 2004 fans who might be missing one or two I'm assuming there's some reason why they can't relase the singles as mp3's individually.

When's it out?

PS It's just occured to me that EMI might be doing all these re-issues just to annoy Morrissey. And if that's the reason, I'm sorry but I can only applaud them.

You applaud money grubbing bastards for annoying Morrissey? Did I read this right?

As I asked on the main board, putting aside all cash grab/Paint a Vulgar references, what is the advantage of this set over the old HMV singles box sets? Just that it takes up less shelf space? With the box sets you got to see all the artwork. Will that somehow be included this 3 set set as card inserts perhaps?

As I asked on the main board, putting aside all cash grab/Paint a Vulgar references, what is the advantage of this set over the old HMV singles box sets? Just that it takes up less shelf space? With the box sets you got to see all the artwork. Will that somehow be included this 3 set set as card inserts perhaps?

Good question, hopefully each CD's booklet has the original sleeve photos.

I'm going to give this a miss. I already have both of the HMV/Parlophone boxed sets, and their sleeves look nice enough as it is; plus, the labels are replicas of the originals, including composition credits. What compelling reason is there to get this, too?

The only compilations I'm looking forward to are Swords, and a Smiths CD release with the studio version of "The Draize Train" - hopefully Rhino will publish singles box no. 2 soon.

I made my own compilation exactly like this ages ago. If this new release is remastered then it'll tempt me to buy it but otherwise i'm not so sure. Perhaps if I see it cheaply at some point in the future then i'll pick it up.

I made my own compilation exactly like this ages ago. If this new release is remastered then it'll tempt me to buy it but otherwise i'm not so sure. Perhaps if I see it cheaply at some point in the future then i'll pick it up.

I sincerely hope you posted off the royalties for that compilation to Morrissey!!

Of course I am not going to part with hard earned cash....... anyone know who is selling it cheapest yet ha ha

The only compilations I'm looking forward to are Swords, and a Smiths CD release with the studio version of "The Draize Train" - hopefully Rhino will publish singles box no. 2 soon.

Isn't "The Draize Train" on the panic CD a studio version? I haven't listened to it in a forever so I forget, but thought so.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I've a couple of 12" singles (UK Panic, German Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others) with The Draize Train on. But I'd really like it on CD, too!

It is indeed - however, I just can't seem to track down the CD single for love nor money. Hence hoping for its appearance on a reissue!

I can't believe u don't own "The World won't listen". The Draize train is on that. I've never heard anything but the studio version.

You applaud money grubbing bastards for annoying Morrissey? Did I read this right?

Knd of. It seems to me that Morrissey gets annoyed at quite alot of things.
I have visions of board meetings and A&R men going, 'How shall we annoy Moz today?'

Of course, Morrissey isn't the only one to have been hit by EMI's money grubbing. They released that oddly sequenced 'Midlife' compilation by Blur, they're refusing to release Joss Stone's new album (in my own sick way, I applaud them fo that too) cos it won't sell & most importantly of all people have lost their jobs & no doubt decent artists have been dropped.

Morrissey would do well to remember those job losses next time he starts whinging about re-issues.

Oh wait! I'm not suggesting EMI are doing all these re-issues to save jobs, I meant it in a 'stop moaning, there's people way worse off than you' way.

Last edited:
It is not. Money Changes Everything is.

I guess I should've mentioned I was talking about the vinyl as I don't have it on CD cuz I have "Louder than Bombs" on CD for those songs. You can see it there on 2nd last line just after "Golden Lights"

3 cheers for vinyl!!! :)

draize_train.jpg

Knd of. It seems to me that Morrissey gets annoyed at quite alot of things.
I have visions of board meetings and A&R men going, 'How shall we annoy Moz today?'

Of course, Morrissey isn't the only one to have been hit by EMI's money grubbing. They released that oddly sequenced 'Midlife' compilation by Blur, they're refusing to release Joss Stone's new album (in my own sick way, I applaud them fo that too) cos it won't sell & most importantly of all people have lost their jobs & no doubt decent artists have been dropped.

Morrissey would do well to remember those job losses next time he starts whinging about re-issues.

You obviously hold record execs in much higher regard than I do :D

Last edited:
I guess I should've mentioned I was talking about the vinyl as I don't have it on CD cuz I have "Louder than Bombs" on CD for those songs. You can see it there on 2nd last line just after "Golden Lights"

3 cheers for vinyl!!! :)

draize_train.jpg

This is the Australian version of The World Won't Listen on double LP, it is the only version of TWWL that includes The Draize Train and as you might imagine most people do not own a copy of this record.
What's more, Vulpine has stated more than once now that he would like to own the studio version of The Draize Train on CD as he already owns the Panic 12" but cannot get hold of the original Panic CD.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom