Hotel Cancellation Advice

CrystalGeezer

My secret's my enzyme.
For those of you who have booked rooms in a hotel for a cancelled show and are worried about the cancellation policy, tell the truth to the person at the front desk when you call, that the event you were travelling to see has been cancelled. If they are uncooperative, and they are trained to be, ask to speak to their supervisor. He or she will in most cases understand the circumstances and refund your money.

I worked in the industry. It's a tiring job. They'd rather agree to refund your money than waste time arguing with you. Trust me.

I don't know how plane tickets work. Good luck.

what you do is you buy a ticket. it allows you to get on a plane. quite simple really.

Oh thank God you cleared that up. I was about to google it. :)

Hotels won't refund you unless they have a 24/48 hour cancellation policy and you're within that period.

The only way they will refund you is if there's been a death in the family and can provide a death certificate.

My advice: Make a fake death certificate. It's the only way.

Hotels won't refund you unless they have a 24/48 hour cancellation policy and you're within that period.

The only way they will refund you is if there's been a death in the family and can provide a death certificate.

Yes, usually lying is the only way. :angry:

I don't know how plane tickets work. Good luck.

Sorry but it is a case of tough shit as far as transport is concerned.

There is an issue in England with football games being switched to different days / times to suit TV a few weeks before the scheduled time / date.
Fans who buy cheaper travel tickets in advance have no comeback.

When you buy a plane / train ticket, the operator has NO interest in why you are buying that ticket. You are entering a legally binding contract that they will provide the said transport at the said time / date. If they do not provide that you have comeback. If they do provide that, but then you do not want it, they are under no obligation to change it (they may - for a fee - change the date of travel, but do not have to refund you at all)

Jukebox Jury

It's not hard and fast. I've even gotten all my money refunded by kind, cooperative hotels even AFTER the cancellation deadline. I was just a few hours late.

But like CG said, they don't want to argue with you, and a wise manager would realize they could lose a lifetime of business and referrals if they don't ease up. Sure they could make a $100 off my stay that I didn't use, but they'd lose perhaps 100-fold in business if they were going to be that stingy as I'd never book with that hotel/chain again.

Nearly everything is negotiable. It doesn't hurt to try, either.

And if you can't get a full refund or even a partial, what's wrong with heading down to London for a laff anyway? Sometimes it's just fun and nice to spend the night in a strange room. Use up the free toiletries. Do something you can't do at home. Make your own adventure. Yeah, money's tight, but you were going to spend it this weekend anyway. At the end of your life, are you going to regret not penny pinching more and suffering for it?

i get my money back, most of the price is taxes, you can ask them back, they must pay them back by law! (plain)
Sorry but it is a case of tough shit as far as transport is concerned.

There is an issue in England with football games being switched to different days / times to suit TV a few weeks before the scheduled time / date.
Fans who buy cheaper travel tickets in advance have no comeback.

When you buy a plane / train ticket, the operator has NO interest in why you are buying that ticket. You are entering a legally binding contract that they will provide the said transport at the said time / date. If they do not provide that you have comeback. If they do provide that, but then you do not want it, they are under no obligation to change it (they may - for a fee - change the date of travel, but do not have to refund you at all)

Jukebox Jury

I always stay in cheap dumps so it doesn't matter.:rolleyes:

Last one wasn't fit for a hobbo.The tap didn't even work!:eek:

I'm class me.:lbf:

Back
Top Bottom