How long will it take for him to cancel Cheltenham

Re: Morrissey is such a girl!!!!

Says who?

True to you :
"Morrissey will play Plymouth Pavilions on Thursday 30 June in place of the previously announced concert at Cheltenham."

Plymouth??? That's hardly a National Hunt fence from Cheltenham is it?

Says who that he cancelled the venue because there's a racecourse in town.

Our mall is next to a racetrack. :(

It is a perfectly natural instinct for children to enjoy piggy-back races, therefore one can only assume horses actually enjoy having a little race around a field with a little man on their back.

It is a perfectly natural instinct for children to enjoy piggy-back races, therefore one can only assume horses actually enjoy having a little race around a field with a little man on their back.

Actually they do. THey LOVE opening up and taking off. If it's the treatment they get if they don't win then I understand. Some trainers just send them straight to slaughter I've read. That needs to stop, but not horse racing. I kinda love watching it. :o

Karl, it just occurred to me that you might have been cynical. :straightface:

Plymouth??? That's hardly a National Hunt fence from Cheltenham is it?

Several lengths!!

2,500 capacity, so he's took a punch in the pocket, assuming that he keeps the tickets at £32.50 face?

On the ticket price issue, they are the same as the Swords tour (if my memory serves me right?) Taking into account VAT hike of 2.5%, much higher transportation costs and general inflation, his margins wil have been cut? I'd like to be a fly on the wall at the (imaginary) meeting with the accounts..."These shirts you throw Mr Morrissey...!" ;)

Re: Morrissey is such a girl

Someone had made a thread previously about the possible cancellation of this concert.

Re: Morrissey is such a girl

He's such a fecking diva!

Erm... great analogy! :confused: I'm sure horses love running around a field, but they don't enjoy racing, if they did there would be no need for little men to sit on their backs forcing them to run faster, to the point of pain, injury, or death: www.horsedeathwatch.com (search Cheltenham)

There's no way Morrissey will play this venue.

Last edited:
Erm... great analogy! :confused: I'm sure horses love running around a field, but they don't enjoy racing, if they did there would be no need for little men to sit on their backs forcing them to run faster, to the point of pain, injury, or death: www.horsedeathwatch.com (search Cheltenham)

There's no way Morrissey will play this venue.

How come you're only sure that horses love running around a field but you know for a fact that they don't enjoy racing?

Because of all the horses I've ever seen in fields, evidence would suggest that what they love to do there is eat grass.
I've also seen what a horse that doesn't want to race looks like. Once the feet are planted, that horse aint going anywhere.

I suppose you could ban horse racing, if you want to see an entire breed of animal wiped out that is. Hmmm, very animal loving.

Anyway, all that is irrelevant. A gig was booked at Cheltenham, people in that area of the country were excited, he's cancelled it because he's a big hufty girl & replaced it with a gig in Plymouth - 137 miles away. It's a poor substitute & a poor way to treat his fans. The worst thing is that people are coming to expect it & for all the respect he gives his fans, no-one turning up for any of his gigs ever again is no less than he deserves.

Last edited:
To clarify:-

This venue is housed within the gates of Prestbury Park, otherwise known as Cheltenham Racecourse. As well as being the home of UK National Hunt horseracing, the venue holds the Steeplechase Hall of Fame. Even is all this has passed by the attentions of Morrissey, do people think that he wouldn't have noticed that he was entering....?

Cheltenham.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom