I.D. Snaps of 'just m'

i hope you all like the fact that the pictures are such large files,
& are the never before seen colour versions.
many thanks to joe frady for taking them off my site & posting them here for you all to see.
"who's exploiting who"?
i have never printed or released a colour version, hope you like them.
there is only one complete contact sheet in existance,
with all the markings, showing which pictures have been selected etc.
that will be framed soon & available to see at my place in oxford.

cowboy up.

I wasn't 'exploiting' anyone or anything. If you really wanted to technically prevent any joe from saving and freely re-distributing your images you, as a professional photographer, could have easily done so. Many do. You didn't.
My posting them here wasn't a verdict on their quality. I simply posted them here as I thought others would be interested. As I said I don't see anything special in them as photos, other than the man in the frame.
Be well yersel.

I, for one, am very glad to be able to see the prints. I did immediately visit both the gallery website and then cowboy's site. If they hadn't shown up here, I never would have known to go look at the source. I live in California, so making it to the exhibition is impossible for me.
I'm also glad to hear that we might be able to buy prints from the series - now I just have to pick out my favorite....

hey,
well, i am starting to think of coming to california with the pictures next march,
maybe do an exhibition in abbott kinney santa monica?
that would be so cool for me. i hope you could make that show? it might only be for one or 2 nights. but myself & others might also play some tunes as well?
one more thing, i deliberately did not impose any restrictions on the pictures.
i believe they should be seen, i always cut out pictures from magazines as a kid, i do not see any difference with the internet.
there is nothing special about the pictures, no technical wizardry, or the like,
just the fact that it was a very unique situation.
& that people love them, well, that makes it art.
go on you tube & see the video i made, it's very simple, but the music by Clayhill is a fantastic cover version. just look up cowboymod morrissey.
all the best james

So you make them freely available but then accuse someone who posts them elsewhere of exploitation? 'Cool'.
Your theory of 'people loving them makes them art' will see you go far. Like California. :rolleyes:
Best of luck cowboy.

as i said, we are all allowed our own opinions.
still, the pictures were taken by me, & hence owned by me.
to show as i wish.
again, joe,
i thankyou for bringing them to the attention of other fans.
all the best
cowboymod

Tags
photos
Back
Top Bottom