I know it's over

jaypayton

One debacle after another the past few years....Meanwhile Marr's new solo album has done well and gotten good reviews...For the first time ever, Moz needs Marr more than Marr needs Moz...Time for Moz to retire for good and go off into the sunset or go back to the beginning and reunite The Smiths once and for all...Enough of this nonsense

if thats your scale for judgement then didnt mozs album do more in sales and get more reviews? if so why would moz need marr more?

Look, I like Johnny Marr enormously and I wish him well, but his music post-Smiths - and especially so in recent years and on his solo albums - is dullsville.
I understand people not liking World Peace is None of Your Business - though I think it's a masterpiece - but I don't understand how anyone can listen to Marr's latest album and think "Hmm, Morrissey needs some of that!"
Marr needs a good lyricist and vocalist. He also needs someone who brings out the musical ambition in him again.
Morrissey needs to keep doing what he's been doing musically, but avoid all the drama.

One debacle after another the past few years....Meanwhile Marr's new solo album has done well and gotten good reviews...For the first time ever, Moz needs Marr more than Marr needs Moz...Time for Moz to retire for good and go off into the sunset or go back to the beginning and reunite The Smiths once and for all...Enough of this nonsense

It's time for you to go. Enough of this nonsense.

This thread is dead.

'Gotten' good reviews? Yuck. Regardless of your bad English, I don't think the Marr album's been reviewed at all yet, has it?
If it has, can you provide a link. There's a single I've heard but that's all.
How can the album have 'done well'? You make no sense at all. Marr and Morrissey arguably need each other commercially. They both really struggle to get decent sales, and interest from record companies. But creatively, Morrissey's probably never needed Marr less. The consensus is that even the music to the current Morrissey album is way better than on Marr's last one. Let's hope Marr's upped his game but with just 12 months to write the new one, it would be pretty unlikely.

Back
Top Bottom