I Like Craig Gannon

Taller than The Smiths

013.jpg

I like Craig Gannon as well, I think he really deserved to be a 5th Smith, you gotta admit that the 1986 live Gannon era was the best and most lively! Plus Gannon also did some early Morrissey singles and did the Wolverhampton 88 gig!

Everyone is "Blah, blah, blah, Johnny Marr, blah, blah!!!!" about a Smiths reunion when they really should be worried about whether this guy would do one or not. :D

Haha, Gannon would do it if Johnny Marr wouldn't! Rourke, Gannon and Joyce played together for Vinny a few years ago, so it was a semi-smiths reunion obviously with Morrissey or Marr!
JoanOfArc, don't state anything if you have nothing postive to say about Gannon, what's the point?

Did Gannon do anything on the Draize Train studio bside or was that all Johnny Marr?

Did Gannon do anything on the Draize Train studio bside or was that all Johnny Marr?

It's the only song by The Smiths that is only credited to one individual - Marr:cool:
Gannon is listed on the back of the single as ''second guitar'':guitar:

Jukebox Jury

for some reason I've never paid him any attention. probibly will never think of him as one of the smiths either, something about him I just dont like. whenever I see photo's of him there always seems to be an atmosphere between him and johnny, just my opinion.

CraigGannon3.jpg

Here is a recent interview with Gannon.

"...when I joined the band we decided that on some of the songs written before I joined I would play some of those great guitar parts which would then give Johnny more freedom to add his other parts which I think worked out great. A good example is in 'I Know It's Over' with those chorus arpeggios. Another was 'How Soon Is Now' where I played the main tremolo guitar riff which gave Johnny the freedom to add the lead lines."

thx for that link watusi. I've always had a soft spot for Craig Gannon and he seems like a really decent chap. Great interview there in that clip about his time in the Smiths. He looked fantastic in the Playboys clip!

It'd be great to pair up Moz and Gannon to write again. Some of Gannon's recent music I've heard is perfect for Mozzer's voice!

I doubt Moz and Gannon would team up again, Gannon after all did try to sue them! But it's funny to notice when Gannon left early Moz solo, that the singles in the charts went downhill from then on.

Edit: Thanks dothewatusi for posting that interview! Very interesting! It even has information on Morrissey's Early Career with Gannon....What happened to the unreleased album that featured Gannon playing with Morrissey????

Last edited by a moderator:
Tags
craigod
Back
Top Bottom