If one video leaked would you want it to be...

If one video leaked.. which would you want it to be...

• Total voters
Re: Wolverhampton

Is it his footage to release (or not) in both cases?
Is there something unique in how Morrissey contracts live filmings of his gigs that allows him to say yes or no or will he simply not sign release forms that allow the exploitation of his image (same as for movies/TV etc.)?

Recently Morrissey posted a statement in TTY which hinted that he wouldn't receive royalty from EMI / Parlophone CD box sets.
Possibly something to do with the contract which does not encourage him to release the footage.

The thing thats special about Wolverhampton 88 is that there is footage, we know there is because of the Hulmerist video and we know it exists somewhere and us bootleg collectors know the bootleg is not the best quality either. So I think most of us will stop questioning when the gig is leaked, or we can always wait until Morrissey dies....

Haha, I wasn't being serious....Of cause I don't want Morrissey to die! I hope there's a Smiths reunion before that happens! I just collect a load of Morrissey/Smith stuff so it's more like me to say that.

Haha maybe with Rourke thrown in? If Marr couldn't play on one date, throw Gannon in the deep end and see if he can swim!

Neither.
I'd much prefer the Tim Broad documentary of the 'Kill Uncle' US tour of Summer 1991, Bowie duet, Rolls Royce to MSG and lots of Californian flesh among the treats. :)

Recently Morrissey posted a statement in TTY which hinted that he wouldn't receive royalty from EMI / Parlophone CD box sets.
Possibly something to do with the contract which does not encourage him to release the footage.

I am curious about how these things work.... How could he not get -- or have gotten -- some royalty??? Could it be that at some point he sold his rights (for money he's already got)? Or that he was at some point given an excessive advance against which new royalties would be credited? I don't know the business, but if seems something like that must be the case, in which event it would be best to say he won't get new royalties.... Can anyone clear-up my idle curiosity??

Tim Broad's footage is seen in The Importance... yes? With Bowie flipping through the Kill Uncle tour book and Moz walking through the empty bleachers?

I really liked Tim Broad's simple, uncluttered style. It's a universe away from the ADD-afflicted content of recent years. James O'Brien did a good job of picking up the mantle, but unfortunately stopped working with Morrissey a long time ago. Always wondered why...

Neither.
I'd much prefer the Tim Broad documentary of the 'Kill Uncle' US tour of Summer 1991, Bowie duet, Rolls Royce to MSG and lots of Californian flesh among the treats. :)

South with Morrissey please

I wont buy the Wolverhampton gig......I would hate that bastard Joyce to receive any of my money:squiffy:

Jukebox Jury

I wont buy the Wolverhampton gig......I would hate that bastard Joyce to receive any of my money:squiffy:

Jukebox Jury

Where's the forum topic that has all of Joyce's royalties on?
Edit: I wonder how much exactly Joyce has made...

Don't worry I knew that you were joking haha! So to avoid frustration with yourself, do you know the forum with Joyce's present royalties or can say them now?

Don't worry I knew that you were joking haha! So to avoid frustration with yourself, do you know the forum with Joyce's present royalties or can say them now?

Not sure I've seen a post with that info on..... do you mean the one where Morrissey said how much he had earned from him / Johnny since the court case?

Jukebox Jury

Hmm, well it was be interesting to see that. But I thought someone knew what all of Joyce's royalties were...It could be a mistake

Hmm, well it was be interesting to see that. But I thought someone knew what all of Joyce's royalties were...It could be a mistake

I'll pm you what I think you are asking for.....keep it off this thread or i get bollocked for hi-jacking it:D

Jukebox Jury

Back
Top Bottom