Morrissey Central IG & FB: Morrissey @ Billy Halop's Memorial (June 20, 2022)

June 20
A53F6AD7-A79D-4960-ACE3-4CB57C761BC2.jpeg
289493256_180671291057487_1770396191204862686_n.jpg
289493669_1396180920846680_2085774616883294632_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Mogsy could do better than a baseball style hat.

He does look very smooth, nicely done. Goes well with his weight loss which tends to deflate the face. I wonder if he’s wearing a hat because he’s had some hair restoration as well. It’s really fine, expected even. If it’s a confidence booster for him, that’s all that counts.
He's wearing a hat because he's at a Jewish cemetery
I think it’s fair to say that our dear Mozzer has had some ‘work’ done on his face. The fact is, to each their own….I myself wouldn’t do it a) because nobody gives a rip what I look like and b) I just feel like it’s okay to get older….any thoughts?
He doesn't look like he's had any work done to me, what makes you say that? He just looks like he's lost quite a bit of weight and has a tan/slight sunburn going on. The wrinkles around the eyes are
I think it’s fair to say that our dear Mozzer has had some ‘work’ done on his face. The fact is, to each their own….I myself wouldn’t do it a) because nobody gives a rip what I look like and b) I just feel like it’s okay to get older….any thoughts?
He doesn't look like he's had any work done to me, what makes you say that? He's lost quite a bit of weight and he has a tan/slight sunburn going on, that's all.

He doesn't look like he's had any work done to me, what makes you say that? He just looks like he's lost quite a bit of weight and has a tan/slight sunburn going on. The wrinkles around the eyes are

He doesn't look like he's had any work done to me, what makes you say that? He's lost quite a bit of weight and he has a tan/slight sunburn going on, that's all.
Don't know how I've managed to reply twice... Anyway, it's good to see Moz looking healthy. There was a time back in 2019 when he really didn't.

🤔

Nah he hasn't. I'm a goddamn detective when it comes to that stuff. I'm not seeing any work done.

Mogsy could do better than a baseball style hat.
Why because baseball is American, and California Son is American? What other type of hat should he be wearing in his hometown Moz Angeles on a warm summer day outdoors? He practically grew up in Dodger Stadium. California Dad, although an Irish immigrant to the USA, loved baseball and would always take California Son to Dodger games. You people here are so delusional and disrespectful to California Son and his family.

Why because baseball is American, and California Son is American? What other type of hat should he be wearing in his hometown Moz Angeles on a warm summer day outdoors? He practically grew up in Dodger Stadium. California Dad, although an Irish immigrant to the USA, loved baseball and would always take California Son to Dodger games. You people here are so delusional and disrespectful to California Son and his family.
Zzzzzzzzzzzz…….

Great post, thank you. As an avid reader of memoirs, would you recommend this book?, and succinctly, if so, why? [sorry in advance if my reply gets your post moved to the ‘black hole’ so it’s not cluttering this thread]
Yes, I would recommend this memoir. Its well-written and he's had an interesting life. I mainly read it because Morrissey has been working with one Chili Pepper and one ex-Chili Pepper band member on his latest album, and I didn't know much about the band. Flea's wild ways in Los Angeles in the 1970s and 1980s are especially lively, and reading about the dynamics of band formation and fall-outs is informative and quite moving.

I've just read Acid for the Children, a memoir by Flea of Red Hot Chili Peppers band, and he refers to the Dead End Kids when describing the immediate and intense bond he formed with school friend and bandmate Anthony Kiedis (described as a handsome devil and his perfect partner in crime). Flea was always looking for love, looking for family, and he writes that, for kids like him that came from broken homes, finding a friend introduced the possibility of true family. The Dead End Kids, the Bowery Boys and the Little Rascals were the families he envisioned for himself.
Further to my first reply (that hasn't shown up yet), I should correct myself about 'one ex-Chili Pepper' because, of course, Jesse is alo an ex-Chili Pepper. I was thinking about the new musicians and wondering if their cultural references had influenced Morrissey, as I don't remember him referring to Billy Halop or the Dead End Kids before this year. I should add that Flea's memoir doesn't really include Chad or Josh because they came later (there was supposed to be a part two but that hasn't happened yet).

Further to my first reply (that hasn't shown up yet), I should correct myself about 'one ex-Chili Pepper' because, of course, Jesse is alo an ex-Chili Pepper. I was thinking about the new musicians and wondering if their cultural references had influenced Morrissey, as I don't remember him referring to Billy Halop or the Dead End Kids before this year. I should add that Flea's memoir doesn't really include Chad or Josh because they came later (there was supposed to be a part two but that hasn't happened yet).
The influence is probably a lot older than that. Jerry Nolan described the New York Dolls as "the Dead End Kids of today" back in '74 and I suspect a certain person would have been paying attention even back then given his known behaviour.
He added a promo still/backdrop from Little Tough Guy to this year's selection too. There really are hundreds of Billy-like references to obscure films & actors made throughout his career.
As to why things get included at what point in his life is anyone's guess, but given the list I've been digging through for Wiki inclusion - this doesn't surprise me nor do I think it's a recent interest.
Regards,
FWD.

The influence is probably a lot older than that. Jerry Nolan described the New York Dolls as "the Dead End Kids of today" back in '74 and I suspect a certain person would have been paying attention even back then given his known behaviour.
He added a promo still/backdrop from Little Tough Guy to this year's selection too. There really are hundreds of Billy-like references to obscure films & actors made throughout his career.
As to why things get included at what point in his life is anyone's guess, but given the list I've been digging through for Wiki inclusion - this doesn't surprise me nor do I think it's a recent interest.
Regards,
FWD.
Interesting. There was also this from Scotland in the 1970s:

Regards,
FWD.
I wondered too about the significance of Morrissey's focus on Billy. Is it about being given the confidence to face a hostile world if you have close buddies/gang members at your back? Or, about being famous, then over time becoming forgotten? Or just about being stylish and good-looking?

I wondered too about the significance of Morrissey's focus on Billy. Is it about being given the confidence to face a hostile world if you have close buddies/gang members at your back? Or, about being famous, then over time becoming forgotten? Or just about being stylish and good-looking?
Maybe, it was really nothing William...

If Morrissey could get wed to the dead, he would.

…. Bill !!!!

:cool:

Back
Top Bottom