Inauguration Day 2009

Inauguration Day is the day on which the President of the United States is sworn in and takes office. Inauguration Day occurs once every four years, about two and a half months after the national election. The next Inauguration Day will occur on Tuesday, January 20, 2009, at which point the president-elect, Barack Obama, will take office.

Anyone here planning on attending any of the events in D.C. ?

We are planning on attending the parade and the swearing in ceremony and are also planning on attending at least one of the balls that evening .

"One nation , under a groove . Getting down just for the funk of it . "

2278343462_30ec4c5dd8_o.jpg

I may go. my BFF's husband is in the military so he has to be there that day to work. she was able to go to the 2004 inauguration. they live in Fairfax, VA, but her brother in law lives right in DC so we could stay there.

I hope I get to go!!! 2 days after my birthday, would make a great birthday present!! :D

I may go. my BFF's husband is in the military so he has to be there that day to work. she was able to go to the 2004 inauguration. they live in Fairfax, VA, but her brother in law lives right in DC so we could stay there.

I hope I get to go!!! 2 days after my birthday, would make a great birthday present!! :D

OMG what if you got hugged by Barack? :eek:

I never knew it was so long after the election. Seems we have to wait a bit. Patience patience patience

I never knew it was so long after the election. Seems we have to wait a bit. Patience patience patience

Yes, that's one thing I have never understood. In the UK, if you loose the election, the removal vans are in the next day and the new PM moves into No10 Downing Street and he / she runs the country from the next day.

What if a major decision needs to be taken between now and Mid January? Can GWB still make that decision?:confused:

Jukebox Jury

Yes, that's one thing I have never understood. In the UK, if you loose the election, the removal vans are in the next day and the new PM moves into No10 Downing Street and he / she runs the country from the next day.

What if a major decision needs to be taken between now and Mid January? Can GWB still make that decision?:confused:

Jukebox Jury

Sadly GWB is still in charge until 20th January 2009. :(

Jukebox Jury

i think so. he's still technically the pres.

although im sure if something happened, like some sort of national tragedy, Obama would definitely have a say. I'd imagine they'd work together somehow?

Absolutely. He's still Commander-in-Chief for 2.5 more months. He probably won't succeed in having any proposed legislation acted on, though, since the Democrats are already the party in power in both houses of Congress. He's the ultimate lame-duck president.

i think so. he's still technically the pres.

although im sure if something happened, like some sort of national tragedy, Obama would definitely have a say. I'd imagine they'd work together somehow?

Obama would have no say whatsoever. He hasn't been sworn in, and it's highly unlikely that Bush would seek his advice on any major decision.

Obama and his advisors WILL start to be given the same daily national security briefings that Bush currently gets, though, as of today.

Obama would have no say whatsoever. He hasn't been sworn in, and it's highly unlikely that Bush would seek his advice on any major decision.

Obama and his advisors WILL start to be given the same daily national security briefings that Bush currently gets, though, as of today.

yeah but say something horrible happens the first or second week in january. and a major decision needs to be made. i cant imagine that Bush would just go ahead and do what he wanted knowing that someone else would take over in another week. although, this is Bush we're talkin about.... :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom