Indio CANCELLED

Flax

I just called the Box Office.
Cancelled.

Reason: illness.

The guy said the show might be rescheduled for tomorrow.

To quote Lipsynka: f***! f***! f***! f***!

But I hope Moz has a good rest and regains health, however long it takes.

Does he need an RN? I know someone who is available. ;)

Thank you very much for telling us the news.

Really hope Morrissey (or one of the Lads?) will be well enough to play the gig tomorrow.

Aww, I knew he was unwell last night...he started off strong, then started drinking a lot of tea or something. Saw him squeezing his sinuses when his back was turned to the crowd. Hope he's better soon & thanks for the early head's up!!

Wow Joey made the call on this one... Hopefully Morrissey is feeling better and everyone gets to enjoy the show a day late. I sincerely wish that folks like thrupenny bits would stop all the negativity. Please LEAVE and don't buy tickets to the shows if you are just going to squeal about your wallet and time and what Moz should or should not do. DO NOT TRAVEL TO SEE THE SHOWS IF YOU ARE NOT READY TO CREATE YOUR OWN GOOD TIME OUT ON THE TOWN if there is a cancellation. Nobody has any right to act shocked or betrayed if a show does not pan out... prepare for it, be a little multi-dimensional and make lemonade out of the lemons of cancellations. If you can't do that... then wait till he comes to your city, or at the very least please stop going on an on about it like spoiled squealing and totally uncreative brats.

Feel better Moz.:flowers: Come back to NY soon!http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/member.php?u=10864

Wow Joey made the call on this one... Hopefully Morrissey is feeling better and everyone gets to enjoy the show a day late. I sincerely wish that folks like thrupenny bits would stop all the negativity. Please LEAVE and don't buy tickets to the shows if you are just going to squeal about your wallet and time and what Moz should or should not do. DO NOT TRAVEL TO SEE THE SHOWS IF YOU ARE NOT READY TO CREATE YOUR OWN GOOD TIME OUT ON THE TOWN if there is a cancellation. Nobody has any right to act shocked or betrayed if a show does not pan out... prepare for it, be a little multi-dimensional and make lemonade out of the lemons of cancellations. If you can't do that... then wait till he comes to your city, or at the very least please stop going on an on about it like spoiled squealing and totally uncreative brats.

Feel better Moz.:flowers: Come back to NY soon!http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/member.php?u=10864

This. And for those of you possibly travelling to see it tomorrow, it's supposed to rain cats and dogs so be very careful on the highways which are particularly slick and dangerous the first big rain of the season.

You know what guys??? I think this: Morrissey has a serious or chronic illness of some sort (auto-immune maybe?) and he rebels against it and he doesn't want to accept it, but he goes on and on, and every other concert this illness reminds him he just can't ignore what's happening with his body and pretend nothing happens... Now, what kind of problem is Morrissey having? This has been by far his worse year, healthwise, ever... Last year he was already worrying us because he cancelled a lot of shows, but this year has been a bit too much... I just think he refuses to accept he's ill in a more serious way, and since he's refusing to stop and take proper care of himself, the body claims its tally... :S

You know what guys??? I think this: Morrissey has a serious or chronic illness of some sort (auto-immune maybe?) and he rebels against it and he doesn't want to accept it, but he goes on and on, and every other concert this illness reminds him he just can't ignore what's happening with his body and pretend nothing happens... Now, what kind of problem is Morrissey having? This has been by far his worse year, healthwise, ever... Last year he was already worrying us because he cancelled a lot of shows, but this year has been a bit too much... I just think he refuses to accept he's ill in a more serious way, and since he's refusing to stop and take proper care of himself, the body claims its tally... :S

Oh God, let's hope and pray not. :( I've been quite concerned for him recently, but I think that the reason for being ill so often could be just that he completely overdoes it with the constant tours. Performing is a huge strain on the body (and mind of course), but perhaps as he loves it so much he finds it difficult to take a proper break. I'm just giving my thoughts here, but I really am of the opinion that he should either take a year or two off touring, or just perform in shorter bursts- what he's doing at the moment is clearly not doing him much good in terms of his health.

In any case, I hope he rests and feels better soon.

who really knows... its usually not a good idea to speculate. I don't know if I would be in a rush to disclose any personal health matters with the public especially considering how vile people can be in regards to his cancellations... people are very critical at times... in the press and on here as well. After the way he has been commented on, I support and respect his privacy. It's a waste of time to speculate though. Still, the man collapsed on stage so perhaps you have a point in that he is pushing more than he should. This is perhaps why I feel so :swear: toward the whiners.

You know what guys??? I think this: Morrissey has a serious or chronic illness of some sort (auto-immune maybe?)

I am not sure if this is the most appropriate place or to discuss that. He has stated that he had a bad viral infection ("an intolerable virus") in the spring, which was the root of the cancelations back then.

People who have tickets for tonight's canceled show are going to be upset enough without getting more upset/worried about Morrissey's rumoured illness. I know some fans think of Morrissey as a personal friend and really do worry about the smallest things to do with him. So please...

Nothing but speculation. Maybe he's just like us all, and a tour schedule plays havoc with our bodies. The other band guys don't have to sing, so it's not as noticeable. It's tough when you're 50.

Peter

Look at the bright side. I might be very wrong about this, but from what I've heard regarding that venue, it's likely the show would suck anyway.

We're on the road anyway. And we'll get there and have fun with or without Morrissey show. Should I bet $20 on red or black?

Back
Top Bottom