Morrissey Central "INTERLUDE CHART POSITION" (April 27, 2024)

Last edited by a moderator:
"By general consensus the disc was overpriced at the fixed £27.99." :LOL:
I'm actually not sure if he agrees with that or if it is a snarky remark, that its of course worth 27.99

Screenshot_20240428-023013~2.png

I'm actually not sure if he agrees with that or if it is a snarky remark
Sarcasm at its best which means 1) he wasn't consulted 2) he keeps on thinking that major record company has lost their head a long time ago :)

I'm actually not sure if he agrees with that or if it is a snarky remark, that its of course worth 27.99
Carefully chosen and ambiguous words, as ever. But it chiefly distances himself from the pricing I think, hence the conspicuous use of the word ‘fixed’?

Oh feck, I don't mean to sound like a dickhead but I feel a bit let down by the last two M world posts, first, the fact he feels the need to mention he was at number 9 - like anyone cares
I can't even be F*cked to find out who was the 8 in front of him - I dare say they are not posting about their record day chart positions

Also, he seems to have asked Dods to write that new article on him.
Don't get me wrong M did kind of make some people think of masculinity in a different way but he was not the first, to question obvious masculinity. People had been doing that for years, in the UK . Lets be honest the 80s UK charts were gay boy as hell - Marc Almond, Boy George, Bonski Beat, and Cliff Rochard was still making records It was the 80s fashion to be on the left and fighting the norms of the right-wing

I hope M knows there are toxic people not toxic genders, has nobody seen Baby Reinder?
I watched that with the whole fam, the kids found it funny, I thought it was a horror show

You get toxic men, sure enough, but you get toxic women, toxic gays , toxic Trans
I take these Dodwell articles, as a sign that M is not getting the offers he wants. If he was then he wouldn't need to get some unknown to write blog articles that do nothing for his image
M has his records back, all he needs to do is release them, give interviews to proper journalists and answer proper questions, be his old witty self . Then get a new band and remember not to get his nephew to take pictures of him. Job done.

I interpreted this post as M saying he would've charted even higher if it had been a more reasonable price. Held down by the man again. 🤣 but I am of course half joking because we also know that it is partially true.

I interpreted this post as M saying he would've charted even higher if it had been a more reasonable price. Held down by the man again. 🤣 but I am of course half joking because we also know that it is partially true.

yeah, that’s what I was thinking, lol. Surprised the usual critics here didn’t jump on it.

That's exactly what he was implying, yes.

I'm sure all the major labels by this point are well aware of the rabid Morrissey/Smiths collector demographic and - this being late capitalism and all - they will happily fleece that market for as much as they can and for as long as they can.

Oh feck, I don't mean to sound like a dickhead but I feel a bit let down by the last two M world posts, first, the fact he feels the need to mention he was at number 9 - like anyone cares
I can't even be F*cked to find out who was the 8 in front of him - I dare say they are not posting about their record day chart positions

Also, he seems to have asked Dods to write that new article on him.
Don't get me wrong M did kind of make some people think of masculinity in a different way but he was not the first, to question obvious masculinity. People had been doing that for years, in the UK . Lets be honest the 80s UK charts were gay boy as hell - Marc Almond, Boy George, Bonski Beat, and Cliff Rochard was still making records It was the 80s fashion to be on the left and fighting the norms of the right-wing

I hope M knows there are toxic people not toxic genders, has nobody seen Baby Reinder?
I watched that with the whole fam, the kids found it funny, I thought it was a horror show

You get toxic men, sure enough, but you get toxic women, toxic gays , toxic Trans
I take these Dodwell articles, as a sign that M is not getting the offers he wants. If he was then he wouldn't need to get some unknown to write blog articles that do nothing for his image
M has his records back, all he needs to do is release them, give interviews to proper journalists and answer proper questions, be his old witty self . Then get a new band and remember not to get his nephew to take pictures of him. Job done.
#8 is Dave Grohl doing a Bad Brains cover

Fair dues to Moz for saying it was over-priced. If it was £15 more people would have bought it. Maybe it sold out. I dunno. Meanwhile I've discovered that Autobiography is free on Spotify Premium. Read by David Morrissey. Lovely.

Fair dues to Moz for saying it was over-priced. If it was £15 more people would have bought it. Maybe it sold out. I dunno. Meanwhile I've discovered that Autobiography is free on Spotify Premium. Read by David Morrissey. Lovely.
Do you have a link?

The Autobiography audiobook is available in sections via static links here:

I do now have the unabridged Penguin audiobook version in its original 'm4b' format (about 380mb / 13 hrs). If there's any interest in it - I will add it to the downloads section.
FWD.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom