Is it just me...

Well I'm no Trump...so discretion is the better part of valor :)

I always found it a kinda interesting idea. I had a waitress once give me her number with my check and the funny thing was when I called it I had no idea what to say. Hey what's your name I think was what I came out and eventually do you wanna do something but it was an odd moment. Normally I wouldn't have called the number but my curiosity got the better of me

I always found it a kinda interesting idea. I had a waitress once give me her number with my check and the funny thing was when I called it I had no idea what to say. Hey what's your name I think was what I came out and eventually do you wanna do something but it was an odd moment. Normally I wouldn't have called the number but my curiosity got the better of me

Hint...I figured this dilemma out when I was in my 20's. What I would do is think about my conversation with her and then write down a few bullet points to speak about before I called so the conversation would never lag. Also, when making a date give a girl options rather than ask a question. "Would you like to do this or this?" Not..."Do you want to go out sometime?"

This goes back to my sales training. Never ask an open ended question that allows for a No answer. Planning ahead makes you seem confident even if you're not. Also, most people prefer to talk about themselves so ask specific questions that allow you to find out whether you really like her or not. She will think you are caring and a good listener.

My next course will address how to put forth the issue of physical intimacy without being forward, or making her feel uncomfortable. But you have to :moneybag: for that one ;)

Hint...I figured this dilemma out when I was in my 20's. What I would do is think about my conversation with her and then write down a few bullet points to speak about before I called so the conversation would never lag. Also, when making a date give a girl options rather than ask a question. "Would you like to do this or this?" Not..."Do you want to go out sometime?"

This goes back to my sales training. Never ask an open ended question that allows for a No answer. Planning ahead makes you seem confident even if you're not. Also, most people prefer to talk about themselves so ask specific questions that allow you to find out whether you really like her or not. She will think you are caring and a good listener.

My next course will address how to put forth the issue of physical intimacy without being forward, or making her feel uncomfortable. But you have to :moneybag: for that one ;)

I've never had any trouble really. I just kinda say whatever and it usually falls into place. My biggest problem was how to break up or remove myself from the situation. I'm an admitted coward here and usually just disappear avoid leaving a group of rightfully angry girls. Not some of my proudest moments there. It's over for me though as I'm thirty six and married with children. The asking questions thing does work. Works with almost anyone though as a lot of people like to talk about themselves. It's a common human trait

Hey hand, just to confirm the phrase is "It is what it is". I use this quite often. Kind of like the American version of Que Sera, Sera.

If we are going to bring up American accents here, then I would like address the increasing number of American adverts that incorporate a pompous, English accent to hawk their wares. As if the text read with a stiff upper lip somehow makes the product more valuable, or exclusive. Posh = Dosh here in America. It all gets a little tiresome. Case in point...

They really emphasize their "English-speaking staff." I want to go on a pretentious cruise like that, though. Those waffles look great and staring out the window between massages sounds like the life. The ad worked.

This is confusing because the accents are all different and the first example doesn't sound like there is any apparent accent. Listening again I do hear it but I think the first example is subtle and it's more the language that seems British.

Good job I'm not English. :)

Hey hand, just to confirm the phrase is "It is what it is". I use this quite often. Kind of like the American version of Que Sera, Sera.

If we are going to bring up American accents here, then I would like address the increasing number of American adverts that incorporate a pompous, English accent to hawk their wares. As if the text read with a stiff upper lip somehow makes the product more valuable, or exclusive. Posh = Dosh here in America. It all gets a little tiresome. Case in point...

Anglophilia from Americans is vomitous. Laziest fetish there is: "He speaks English just like me, but I don't have to put any energy into understanding him! So easy! Like, awesome!"

Agree with you. I like all kinds of different accents of the English language. Irish, Scottish, and accents of Northern England, as Mancunian and very much like the scouse accent of Liverpool. Like the lady that did the spoken word of the Imperfect List on Who Put The M In Manchester. Unfortunately she is no longer with us.

I do like the Cockney accent as well and some accents of American cities. The New York accent is great too.
Yes, I miss some of the series you mentioned. I remember a series around the year 2000 or later which I liked a lot. It was called One Foot In The Grave. I thought the main character was played by an actor with the name Michael. Can't remember his last name. I knew he was taken in hopital not that long ago. If he is still alive, he is very old now. He played an older grumpy kind of man, was married and his constant comments on everything and nothing in particular was hilarious and funny as was the relation with his wife.
I shure would want to see that again. Maybe sometime the BBC will show it again.

Back
Top Bottom