"Israel" should be released as a solidarity single now

I think the exceptional persecution of Jews was indoctrinated into generations of people after WWII. The reaction of many states and institutions now to people supporting Palestinians, accusing them of anti-Semitism, shows how widespread this dogma became, and how it was foregrounded as a pattern of truths and fates to eclipse other truths and fates. Societal beliefs like this are learned subconsciously, and it can take a while to realise the situation is no longer how it used to be, or how it is still painted.
Jews. Disabled. Jehovah Witness. Communists. Trade unionists. Homosexuals. Petty Criminals. All persecuted by the Nazis. A fact so often overlooked. Of course, the scale of the misery inflicted on Jews was far, far higher than other ground.

An ancestral history, even as bad as that of many of the worlds Jews today, is not licence to behave the way the Israeli government and military's do when it comes to Palestinians. Quite the reverse. We mark Holocaust Memorial Day with the central message of not allowing the world to repeat these pernicious acts. Hello! That’s exactly what is happening today.

It sickens me.

For sure! He can wear his muscle-hugging beefcake sweater and his journalist’s flak jacket, and he’ll be screaming (captioned) “I’m reporting from Tel Aviv and these jihadi f*ckers are shooting missiles at me! Israel needs another 18 billion America LOL!
Sounds about right:love:

I think the exceptional persecution of Jews was indoctrinated into generations of people after WWII. The reaction of many states and institutions now to people supporting Palestinians, accusing them of anti-Semitism, shows how widespread this dogma became, and how it was foregrounded as a pattern of truths and fates to eclipse other truths and fates. Societal beliefs like this are learned subconsciously, and it can take a while to realise the situation is no longer how it used to be, or how it is still painted.
Sorry, are you seriously suggesting that there wasn't an exceptional persecution of Jews in Nazi Germany and Nazi-occupied Europe and that the idea that there was is some sort of erroneous dogma? You sound like David Irving or something. Of course the Nazis also incarcerated, sterilised, and executed a whole range of other groups that were viewed as 'undesirable' - but the Nuremberg Laws made clear the focus and primary objective of their persecution - finding a solution to 'the Jewish problem', and ultimately a 'final solution', put into full operation after the Wannsee Conference. To suggest otherwise is to re-write history. And very dangerous.
If you haven'e seen it, goinghome, watch The Nazis - A Warning from History. Documentaries don't come much better than this. Richey from the Manics was apparently obsessed with this documentary for some time, inspiring several songs on undoubtedly the Manics' best album, The Holy Bible.

Also in the camps there were different tiers of prisoners. The jews comprised the prisoners that received the most brutal treatment and the most deadly work details. It was entirely possible to survive in a nazi camp if you were a political prisoner, of whom were better fed and received indoor factory jobs--much more difficult if you were a jew. The experience of jews and other non-Jewish nazi prisoners is not really equal.

For sure! He can wear his muscle-hugging beefcake sweater and his journalist’s flak jacket, and he’ll be screaming (captioned) “I’m reporting from Tel Aviv and these jihadi f*ckers are shooting missiles at me! Israel needs another 18 billion America LOL!
Douglas is devastating in this debate. Cenk Uygur really loses his cool.

Best thing on youtube! I love at the end where studly dougie wishes chunk a merry Christmas in his cool, snide way. So magnificent :love:

I kinda feel bad for chunk. After all, it was inevitable that he was going to look like a big sweaty overwrought bozo next to the exemplar of good breeding and civility that is dougie. I wonder if he actually went into it thinking he would get the upper hand?

Israeli propaganda is so bad.

Uri Geller was on tv the other day holding a spoon telling us it was very important we defeat Iran.

Last edited:

nicky wire's legs posted that one in the politics thread. I gave my review here. I didn't finish watching it, so I didn't see Cenk Uygur's freak-out, but in the portion I saw, I thought Douglas Murray came across as very snide and surprisingly ill-informed. I've liked the two of his books I've read, but I'm afraid I have to agree with Malarkey that he's become, as she well puts it, a "cosplay toff for right-wing America." Or I guess he's been that all along. I think one of his early books is called In Praise of Neo-conservativism. You can really see the icy armchair-warrior bloodlust come out in his apologetics for Israel.

Sorry, are you seriously suggesting that there wasn't an exceptional persecution of Jews in Nazi Germany and Nazi-occupied Europe and that the idea that there was is some sort of erroneous dogma? You sound like David Irving or something. Of course the Nazis also incarcerated, sterilised, and executed a whole range of other groups that were viewed as 'undesirable' - but the Nuremberg Laws made clear the focus and primary objective of their persecution - finding a solution to 'the Jewish problem', and ultimately a 'final solution', put into full operation after the Wannsee Conference. To suggest otherwise is to re-write history. And very dangerous.
If you haven'e seen it, goinghome, watch The Nazis - A Warning from History. Documentaries don't come much better than this. Richey from the Manics was apparently obsessed with this documentary for some time, inspiring several songs on undoubtedly the Manics' best album, The Holy Bible.
Apparently in August 1939, after his Obersalzberg Speech, and a week before Germany invaded Poland, Hitler said "Who, after all, speaks today of the annihilation of the Armenians?"

What the world allowed to be done to other people gave him confidence he would get away with it. He did for a while, as perpetrators of mass state-sanctioned murder often do. Genocide is sadly ten a penny.

Apparently in August 1939, after his Obersalzberg Speech, and a week before Germany invaded Poland, Hitler said "Who, after all, speaks today of the annihilation of the Armenians?"

What the world allowed to be done to other people gave him confidence he would get away with it. He did for a while, as perpetrators of mass state-sanctioned murder often do. Genocide is sadly ten a penny.
It's a grubby argument. Not a good look, goinghome.

nicky wire's legs posted that one in the politics thread. I gave my review here. I didn't finish watching it, so I didn't see Cenk Uygur's freak-out, but in the portion I saw, I thought Douglas Murray came across as very snide and surprisingly ill-informed. I've liked the two of his books I've read, but I'm afraid I have to agree with Malarkey that he's become, as she well puts it, a "cosplay toff for right-wing America." Or I guess he's been that all along. I think one of his early books is called In Praise of Neo-conservativism. You can really see the icy armchair-warrior bloodlust come out in his apologetics for Israel.
I had to google 'cosplay' lol.
I think that's unfair. Can the man help having cut glass diction? And Malarkey would adore him if he was on the left. I do get the feeling though that Douglas, like his namesake, Lord Alfred, likes a man in uniform. Perhaps that explains his rather interventionist zeal? I don't necessarily agree with Mr Murray on everything. But he does make rather a good argument. It's murder on the studio floor when he speaks. As a debater he's up there with the great Christopher Hitchens - another man I admired but didn't agree with on everything, certainly not on the invasion of Iraq.

These psychotic genocidal racists are losing the propaganda war so they're throwing their toys out the pram and stamping their feet.

Another world war will no doubt follow.

And I'd advise everyone on this forum to Google "Samson Option"

These psychotic genocidal racists are losing the propaganda war so they're throwing their toys out the pram and stamping their feet.

Another world war will no doubt follow.

And I'd advise everyone on this forum to Google "Samson Option"
What psychotic genocidal racists are you referring to? Hamas?
And I would worry much more about Iran making a nuclear weapon than Israel having nuclear weapons. And by all accounts Iran is not far away from achieving this.

I think that's unfair. Can the man help having cut glass diction?

True, he can't help it if he's a good speaker, but it's not his diction so much as it is the sneering tone. He's able to turn that on and off. And when he does turn it on, I suspect he's playing to a certain crowd.

I do get the feeling though that Douglas, like his namesake, Lord Alfred, likes a man in uniform. Perhaps that explains his rather interventionist zeal?

A man is most attractive in a crisp, starched, finely-tailored uniform and military boots. But can't we have handsome soldiers for our territorial defense rather than "interests" all over the globe? There is something additional and gruesome going on in the neoconservative mind.

Nazi tactics what a surprise.
Why do they hate humanity so much ?
Just cos we don't share their DNA they want us dead or killing each other and then they whine like babies when we object to their genocidal racism.

Everything that happened on 7 October has already happened to Palestinians. Mass murder, burning alive, rape , torture with thousands of victims. Yes this occured long ago in 1982 in Beirut at the behest of Ariel Sharon but many people alive now are still living with it.

Nazi tactics what a surprise.
Why do they hate humanity so much ?
Just cos we don't share their DNA they want us dead or killing each other and then they whine like babies when we object to their genocidal racism.

Everything that happened on 7 October has already happened to Palestinians. Mass murder, burning alive, rape , torture with thousands of victims. Yes this occured long ago in 1982 in Beirut at the behest of Ariel Sharon but many people alive now are still living with it.

Clearly it's just Jews having the bomb that worries you.

True, he can't help it if he's a good speaker, but it's not his diction so much as it is the sneering tone. He's able to turn that on and off. And when he does turn it on, I suspect he's playing to a certain crowd.

A man is most attractive in a crisp, starched, finely-tailored uniform and military boots. But can't we have handsome soldiers for our territorial defense rather than "interests" all over the globe? There is something additional and gruesome going on in the neoconservative mind.
Dougie has a sense of humour when he speaks. I even imagine he finds his own over the top sneering amusing, as it certainly is to me. If you missed this important component of dougie--his comedic genius when it comes to the absurd--then you don't really understand dougie.

Back
Top Bottom