It may disturb you but..

Malteser

Loafing Oaf
With a crazy ending and a strong lyrical content just who is he blasting off at within this song?

I'm ok by myself....

Could this be an arm around my waist?
well, surely the hand contains a knife?
it's been so all of my life
why change now?
"it hasn't!"
now this might surprise you, but
I find I'm OK by myself
and I don't need you
or your morality to save me
no, no, no, no, no
Then came an arm around my shoulder
well surely the hand holds a revolver?
it's been so all of my life
why change now?
"it hasn't!"
now this might disturb you, but
I find I'm OK by myself
and I don't need you
or your benevolence to make sense
Noooooooo!
Noooooooo!
Noooooooo!
Noooooooo!
After all these years I find I'm OK by myself
and I don't need you
or your homespun philosophy
no, no, no, no
This might make you throw up in your bed:
I'M OK BY MYSELF!
and I don't need you
and I never have, I never have
Noooooooo!
Noooooooo!
Noooooooo!
Noooooooo!

Anyone who has told him in the past that he must go out and look for a significant other to have a fulfilled life.

Aha.. i see, thanks.
Thus why he still remains such an interesting character. He always gets me thinking.
He seems such a strong willed opinionated person yet fragile within..

:D
Well that's really just how I interpret it. You'll meet others who have a vast amount of great input to provoke thought on these forums.
You have a beautiful way of putting it :)
Welcome to Morrissey-solo. :thumb:

Well that's really just how I interpret it. You'll meet others who have a vast amount of great input to provoke thought on these forums.
You have a beautiful way of putting it :)
Welcome to Morrissey-solo. :thumb:

Thanks for the welcome, i have a billion and one issues with his writing yet i remain capativated as ever.
Never have i heard someone in music with a greater expanse of emotion.
When often i get asked which music i prefer i swerve giving 'The Smiths/Moz' as an answer cos i hate having to validate or justify the 'why's' to the shallow masses..
Morrissey stands alone.. a class of his own.

Thanks for the welcome, i have a billion and one issues with his writing yet i remain capativated as ever.
Never have i heard someone in music with a greater expanse of emotion.
When often i get asked which music i prefer i swerve giving 'The Smiths/Moz' as an answer cos i hate having to validate or justify the 'why's' to the shallow masses..
Morrissey stands alone.. a class of his own.

Could not have put it better myself :thumb:
You'll fit in right well here. :)

It may disturb you even more, but Maltezers are chocolate and may help you to put on weight :popcorn::banned:

At first I didn't think much of it but its come to be my favourite song on 'Years of Refusal'.

This performance of it at the Birthday gig is brilliant,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEk_w6abtxw

I love the defiance and gesticulation where he says the line 'This might make you throw up in your bed, i'm OK By Myself!' at 3:18.

The moral is...

I don't know. Don't care. My mom says "Why's there a broken fan in your backseat?" Oh, you mean in the backseat of the eyesore of a car I drive around with a busted trunk? Big great symbol of my fall? I dunno mom, but here's the money you're so panicky about you wanted. Maybe all of you should put your popcorn away and MORRISSEY should explain the song himself.

Why should he have to explain anything whatsoever? You either get it, or you don't, and if you don't, don't ask

Why should he have to explain anything whatsoever? You either get it, or you don't, and if you don't, don't ask

There is no such thing as dumb questions but apparently there is such a thing as dumb answers.

It wasn't aimed at yourself personally. No personal insult involved or intended

Phew! Don't some people get their knickers in a right old twist over nothing?

Back
Top Bottom