Jesse is pissed at the thieving bastards that leaked our record...

to be frank its not entirely that mysterious or that fresh of an albumn morrissey an the fellas av been playing a selection of the songs for atleast the past year on their tour, and released several singles of this albumn offically. A think as long as people are gonna buy hard copies i dont really see the big deal

I'm pissed too. I still downloaded it though. :D

Imma get the vinyl!

Jesse, consider us even for making me buy all versions of That's How People Grow Up and All You Need is Me then having them on Greatest Hits, then having them on Years of Refusal as well. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well a lot of people are pissed at Jesse\'s songwriting. So I guess that makes it all even.

Stay away from the distortion Jesse.

Why does Jesse get so much flak for his writing? "If you don't like me then don't look at me" is one of my all time fave Moz songs!

Why does Jesse get so much flak for his writing? "If you don't like me then don't look at me" is one of my all time fave Moz songs!

I'm not a big fan of his co-writing in comparison to a lot of other Morrissey contributors but I do think that's a hidden gem of a B-side.

That's definitely his best composition. I think perhaps if he did more acoustic compositions it might help. His electric guitar playing is extremely dull.

I think that Jesse is being a whiny baby. Come on, this is the modern world - EVERY album leaks! We'll all end up buying it when it comes out anyway.

That's definitely his best composition. I think perhaps if he did more acoustic compositions it might help. His electric guitar playing is extremely dull.

I think that Jesse is being a whiny baby. Come on, this is the modern world - EVERY album leaks! We'll all end up buying it when it comes out anyway.

Agreed. His two new compositions are desperately poor with nary a melody between the both. They weigh down and blunt the end of the record. To the lucid mind, not good single choices. And, not surprisingly, he added nothing to the sound that Alain or Boz couldn't do.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't both YATQ AND RotT get leaked in their entirety over a month before release?

Cheers,
Jamie

I don't feel guitly at all for downloading YOR. I have bought all Moz albums and singles so far, and I will also buy all his future albums and singles. Listening to the new album a few weeks in advance doesn't hurt anyone.

Agreed. His two new compositions are desperately poor with nary a melody between the both. They weigh down and blunt the end of the record. To the lucid mind, not good single choices. And, not surprisingly, he added nothing to the sound that Alain or Boz couldn't do.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't both YATQ AND RotT get leaked in their entirety over a month before release?

Cheers,
Jamie

I don't think ROTT was leaked so far in advance (i.e. 7 weeks), maybe just one or two weeks.
Not heard the songs yet but Jesse's closing song (OK by myself?) does seem to be picking up quite a few votes for best song on the album. Alain's songs seem to be by far the most popular though...

i'm with you on that jukester, sorry nastysomeofusturning:( it's all getting rather silly. i'll get my copy days later and into the cd rack it goes. with military precision i may add:guitar:

yes i suppose it is silly...but it's not hurting anyone.

In preperation of what? Going down to your local record shop and buying a copy as soon as it opens? What is there to prepare for?

Jukebox Jury

because where i work there are no record shops nearby. i have to drive into the city centre which is a task in itself. plus i have no life.

Catching first bus into village.
Buying YOR at local shop.
Getting bus back home.
Making pot of herbal tea.
Playing YOR loudly.
Collapsing in a swoon.

How can you go to work on a day like that?

you took the words right out of my mouth :D

Can understand the pissed off feeling within the Moz camp that YOR was leaked, but as I think someone had already mentioned above, with modern resources, its very hard these days to keep pretty much anything under wraps.

However, perhaps for the next release, they may consider this and perhaps adapt an approach that many artists and bands have done recently by officially allowing their album to be uploaded prior to the physical release on CD, vinyl etc. Ok, there is the sales aspect to consider, but again from reading the various responses to this thread, the majority of the loyal fans will go out and buy the album anyway, some several times on different formats, as well as the singles, b-sides etc..

I for one, will patiently wait the legit digital download, but looking forward to hearing it nonetheless.

PS - as keen as I am bout the new album, dont think i'll take the day off work to 'prepare'... I liked that one :D

on his myspace..

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=106230429

well,
i can understand that..i would be also pissed..
nevertheless i'm guilty and had a listen..sorry jesse..
and i don't feel good at all..
but that's just the way it goes..nowadays..
the future..the future..hm, where will it bring us..??
god, i'm so old fashioned..
BUT weak..

That's something I don't agree with, at all. You downloaded it because you wanted to. You could've waited until the official release, but you decided not to. Or that sentence of yours referred to the leak itself?

As for Jesse, I can't blame him, I'd be pissed too.

That's something I don't agree with, at all. You downloaded it because you wanted to. You could've waited until the official release, but you decided not to. Or that sentence of yours referred to the leak itself?

As for Jesse, I can't blame him, I'd be pissed too.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: here we go again:p

So I don't really feel that guilty. I resisted for 24 hours!! I think the vast majority of people who downloaded it will buy the hard copy as well.

Well I think you're totally correct about the good people here (on SoLow) but I'm not so sure about Joe Public... ?

I agree with Jesse - the illegal downloads mean that fewer copies will be sold - therefore Jesse will earn less money

I agree with Jesse - the illegal downloads mean that fewer copies will be sold - therefore Jesse will earn less money

Lol, that too. But I'm pretty sure fans will by the album anyway. It would be silly not to.

Well I think you're totally correct about the good people here (on SoLow) but I'm not so sure about Joe Public... ?

Thats it in a nut shell

Back
Top Bottom