JM's Morrissey Bootleg of the Day: Perth City Hall, 2004

Greetings, all, and merry happy, whether it be re: Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanza, Festivus, whatever... 'Tis the season to give even more Morrissey recordings to your loved ones and fellow "Solo" members... :D

[URL="http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FDY2WYGA"]http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FDY2WYGA[/URL]

3 September 2004
City Hall, Perth

How Soon Is Now?
The First Of The Gang To Die
Don't Make Fun Of Daddy's Voice
I Like You
Shakespeare's Sister
Everyday Is Like Sunday
Let Me Kiss You
How Can Anybody Possibly Know How I Feel?
The Headmaster Ritual
Such A Little Thing Makes Such A Big Difference
Now My Heart Is Full
All The Lazy Dykes
The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores
November Spawned A Monster
You Know I Couldn't Last
Irish Blood, English Heart
/There Is A Light That Never Goes Out

The stage in Perth was too small to accommodate the Vegas-style 'Morrissey' letters in bright lights. Morrissey made quite a few changes to the setlist. The Smiths songs "Shoplifters Of The World Unite" and "Rubber Ring" were replaced by "Shakespeare's Sister" and "The Headmaster Ritual". "Munich Air Disaster 1958" was replaced by "All The Lazy Dykes" and "Such A Little Thing Makes Such A Big Difference" returned to the setlist instead of "I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday".

Morrissey had something to say in between every song. After "How Soon Is Now?", he said "Now is too late". The venue was full and he was, or acted, surprised about it, saying "Thank you... thank you for dragging yourself out tonight and missing 'Monarch Of The Glen' which I know you like!". "Don't Make Fun Of Daddy's Voice" was introduced as "...a new song". When someone shouted something that he didn't understand, he asked "What did they say Julia?" The non-traditional mention of super-fan Julia Riley was booed, something else that was also becoming a tradition.

Before "Shakespeare's Sister", Morrissey said "And of course the past is a filthy place... especially yours..." After the song, he continued "I told you the past is a filthy place... However you may have heard that this city hall doesn't have a future." He then said something to the effect that his voice will be one of the last to be heard within these walls and continued "However Burger King is on its way... McDonalds is on its way." In "Let Me Kiss You" (on the setlist as 'Giv uz a snog'), Morrissey changed a line to "you open your eyes and see someone you physically revile".

Introducing the band, Morrissey asked the audience to "...please say hello to these Highland lassies." At the end of "Such A Little Thing Makes Such A Big Difference", after singing "Most people keep their brains between their legs", Morrissey pointed at this crotch and added "Yummy!". At some point he asked the audience if they were bored. The answer was a unanimous "No!", prompting him to ask "Why not? It was bound to happen after 20 years..." Soon after he said "People are throwing their underwear on stage... the only complaint I have is that they haven't been worn... which I like..." Before launching into "All The Lazy Dykes" he said "Now, you may think you don't have dykes in Perth, but... look to your left".

Morrissey returned again to the subject of Scottish television when he asked "Do they still make that program called 'Take the High Road'?" Since he wasn't getting a definitive answer, he continued "Well after 30 years you'd think they would have noticed..." In "You Know I Couldn't Last", Morrissey changed a line to "the critics who can't stand you". The encore of "There Is A Light That Never Goes Out" was once again finished by the audience singing the chorus in unison, as Morrissey watched and fed off this huge display of love. At the end Morrissey got in a line with his musicians, all arms over shoulders, they bowed and that was it. Overall no one made it on stage again. Two or perhaps three of Morrissey's shirts were thrown into the audience.

(NOTE: Text copied and pasted from the website "Passions Just Like Mine")

Thank you!

:D Great stuff....listening now....many thanks!!!

Kind of you to continue uploading. Boy Racer would be inspired, no doubt.

(smile) BR, has been a source of inspiration to me, as a matter of fact.

All of you are more than welcome... ;)

Yes, I know. BR inspires us all. I think he's earned his place at the tippy top of every one of our Christmas trees, like a sparking little Morrissey Angel.

- unrulyboy -

Yes, I know. BR inspires us all. I think he's earned his place at the tippy top of every one of our Christmas trees, like a sparking little Morrissey Angel.

- unrulyboy -

You're only right... :D

I only sit on top of Christmas trees if I am allowed to wear something of a high rise leopard print, and my old 8 eye Docs. Bright Red braces are optional.
I should be home from this trip come Wed the 27th or so.... and i come bearing gifts to share.

BR

THANX so much for this, can anyone sort out some Cover Artwork for this ????

THANX in Advance,
Keith.

Happy to share. Happy Holidays...

Back
Top Bottom