Johnny Marr 2024 UK Tour

It’s becoming incontestable that Marr has now become Morrissey’s equal, as a live option for Smiths fans. That is a substantial tour, in quite big venues.

Oh wow - I didn't even notice the support at first. I think it's inevitable the pair will do a few duets during this tour.

Setlist is up on setlist.fm for those who are inclined. Hoping to get a ticket off Twickets for the date near me as sold out a while ago.

Setlist is up on setlist.fm for those who are inclined. Hoping to get a ticket off Twickets for the date near me as sold out a while ago.

I've sold my Hammersmith ones on Ticketmaster fan to fan in about 20 mins. As my wife pointed out, if I had bothered to check the family calendar I would have noticed that we are in Spain on that date!

He should keep London on the setlist, it was one of my favorites live

I’ve got tickets for this tour but has anyone noticed that the smiths songs he is playing are the same ones he has been playing live for around the last 10 years?

I’ve got tickets for this tour but has anyone noticed that the smiths songs he is playing are the same ones he has been playing live for around the last 10 years?

In the main yes but it's 5 years since he played You've just got to earn it and it's a nice mix of new and old solo stuff along with an Electronic song and an Iggy Pop cover, so looks ok to me.

Nice to see a couple of more obscure songs on the setlist - and it really is a great setlist, but having followed Johnny for a while, I do wish he'd mix things up a bit more, as some of those Smiths/Electronic classics are starting to wear a bit thin for me. I know they are the obvious crowd-pleasers for the casual fan, but having seen him several times it's getting harder to get excited about hearing 'Getting Away With It' or 'How Soon is Now' etc for the umpteenth time. Probably my own fault for going to too many gigs, and I get the same issue when certain songs get stuck in Morrissey's setlist for multiple tours.

Nice to see a couple of more obscure songs on the setlist - and it really is a great setlist, but having followed Johnny for a while, I do wish he'd mix things up a bit more, as some of those Smiths/Electronic classics are starting to wear a bit thin for me. I know they are the obvious crowd-pleasers for the casual fan, but having seen him several times it's getting harder to get excited about hearing 'Getting Away With It' or 'How Soon is Now' etc for the umpteenth time. Probably my own fault for going to too many gigs, and I get the same issue when certain songs get stuck in Morrissey's setlist for multiple tours.
The perils of being a serial gig attendee!

Nice to see him playing Spirit Power and Soul, one of my favourite tracks of his.

Great reviews of his Barrowlands gig as well but not sure why The Herald felt the need to make shitty comments about Morrissey.

Last edited:
Wearing A Morrissey Shirt at a Johnny Marr show (and standing on the front row so Marr sees it)

Has anyone done this? What happened?

Wearing A Morrissey Shirt at a Johnny Marr show (and standing on the front row so Marr sees it)

No one has ever done this before. Hopefully it will result in Marr deciding to reunite with Morrissey.

Maybe the lucky person will get smacked in the kisser with a well-aimed Fender Jaguar. But for reals, probably nothing would happen because who cares?

Back
Top Bottom