Johnny Marr collaborates on artwork created from the audio recording of "How Soon Is Now?" (Signed Prints)

The original signed prints are selling for over 2 grand!!

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Joking aside, if Blossoms and Rick Astley ever do the Smiths gigs again, I'd recommend going. Honestly, while it's nice to hear Morrissey sing Smiths songs, by golly Blossoms are an ultra tight band, and they had every single song down to a tee. Morrissey's band could do well to learn a thing or two from them, especially Jesse with his ham fisted guitar playing.

No dice.
I'm stickin' with the original deal.

I wonder if this is based on Johnny's excellent solo version of the song. It has over 1.5 Million views on YouTube!

As much as I respect Morrissey, I have to say that most of the time he is 'all talk and no action' (whatever the subject is), while Johnny here is a good example of how you can actually help a cause by using your status.

As much as I respect Morrissey, I have to say that most of the time he is 'all talk and no action' (whatever the subject is), while Johnny here is a good example of how you can actually help a cause by using your status.
I was wondering what Morrissey does, if anything while thinking if Johnny can raise a lot of money by just signing his name for an hour, more people should do it.

So true and it is a prestigious project. You just need to look through the other artists there: David Byrne, Iggy Pop, Billie Eilish, Peter Hook, Red Hot Chili Peppers and so on. This is exactly the type of thing that Moz should do.
It is. A really good cause that nobody could "scandalise", and they would probably be able to ask / raise a lot more money for these prints if Moz co-signed the artwork with Johnny, but no.

Why eat the broth from boiled rocks, when ya can have some sweet tater soup?
Because Blossoms are better musicians, and I'm not even a fan of their own work. They are just undeniably pros and far, far tighter as musicians. Now, if Morrissey sang Smith's with Blossoms, that would be magical.

Joking aside, if Blossoms and Rick Astley ever do the Smiths gigs again, I'd recommend going. Honestly, while it's nice to hear Morrissey sing Smiths songs, by golly Blossoms are an ultra tight band, and they had every single song down to a tee. Morrissey's band could do well to learn a thing or two from them, especially Jesse with his ham fisted guitar playing.
It might not have been the best gig I’ve ever been to, but it was in the top one.

To paraphrase Clough.

It might not have been the best gig I’ve ever been to, but it was in the top one.

To paraphrase Clough.
Yeah, legitimately was one of the best gigs I've ever been to. It certainly topped some Morrissey gigs I've been to.

I remember Morrissey being fine with it, Johnny Marr not so much!

Did you go Manc or London?

Yeah, legitimately was one of the best gigs I've ever been to. It certainly topped some Morrissey gigs I've been to.

Yes, I can third that. For me the Johnny gigs I went to in the UK this year didn't top M's ones this year in Vegas. or the UK M shows I went to but I would say Johnny's gigs were better than a f*** load of M shows over the last 15 years maybe better than 80% of them I agree with Amy and Anne as well

Yes, I can third that. For me the Johnny gigs I went to in the UK this year didn't top M's ones this year in Vegas. or the UK M shows I went to but I would say Johnny's gigs were better than a f*** load of M shows over the last 15 years maybe better than 80% of them I agree with Amy and Anne as well

Nice one, Dirk. The 50th birthday gigs at the Apollo in May 2009 were a mega high point for Morrissey gigs for me, and Hull 2015.

Never seen Johnny though, and I don't know much of his solo stuff. Hi Hello is a fantastic song though, as is the album he did with The Cribs. I take it he's good live? Is his band good at recreating the Smiths music?

Nice one, Dirk. The 50th birthday gigs at the Apollo in May 2009 were a mega high point for Morrissey gigs for me, and Hull 2015.

Never seen Johnny though, and I don't know much of his solo stuff. Hi Hello is a fantastic song though, as is the album he did with The Cribs. I take it he's good live? Is his band good at recreating the Smiths music?
I didn't enjoy that era of M that much. The whole vegas comes to town business.
I much prefer how he has been on this tour. I was lucky enough to see him two nights in Vegas and a few of the UK shows (and Ireland) . I went to the Oakland one as well. All this year's gigs I went to were fire, much better than he has been for f***ing years. I wish I would have gone to San Fran and the New York gigs as well, They looked awsome.
I can't wait until next year's gigs.

Manc. Loved it. Great audience too.

Manc. Loved it. Great audience too.
Yeah, they were great. I took my oldest nephew, who was 13 at the time, who is autistic just like his uncle! Gave him my Salford Lads Club t-shirt I bought from there a few years ago, as it fits him now he's older. Kind strangers were asking him if he was alright and having a good time, I'm guessing cause he looks young and it was pretty crowded. There were some genuinely friendly people there, all just having a great time together.

Because Blossoms are better musicians, and I'm not even a fan of their own work. They are just undeniably pros and far, far tighter as musicians. Now, if Morrissey sang Smith's with Blossoms, that would be magical.

I'm proud of ya for gettin' out there and enjoyin' the show.
Ya seemed pleased as a peach with the experience.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom