Johnny Marr comments on the reunion

I heard this interview on Radio 6 and found it weird that Johnny was taking credit for the remastering when all he did was pick the person to do it.

I heard this interview on Radio 6 and found it weird that Johnny was taking credit for the remastering when all he did was pick the person to do it.

I disagree.... I spoke to Johnny about this after his recent seminar at Salford Uni.
He said he had a major part as when he was given an initial copy, he said ''they had deleted the initial opening bars into 'How Soon Is Now?' as well as messed about with other songs..... I told them no way and made sure
the songs were improved and not detracted from''.

Jukebox Jury

The credit is right there in black and white on the liner: "Mastering supervised by Johnny Marr." Johnny did more than pick the mastering engineer. I think there was a recent article in a UK music mag where he talked at length about their approach and particular choices they made.

Cheers,
Jamie

In the interview I heard he made it seem that he actually did the remastering. He didn't mention the engineer once. That's what I found weird, all the talk about rolling his sleeves up and getting it done as if it was just him on his own. It seemed like he was counting on the listeners to think he did it all himself.

The credit is right there in black and white on the liner: "Mastering supervised by Johnny Marr." Johnny did more than pick the mastering engineer. I think there was a recent article in a UK music mag where he talked at length about their approach and particular choices they made.

Cheers,
Jamie

It's on Johnny's website.

Interview with Johnny: http://www.jmarr.com/johnny-marr/johnny-marr-news-more.php?id=85_0_2_9_M

Interview with Frank Arkwright: http://www.jmarr.com/johnny-marr/johnny-marr-news-more.php?id=86_0_2_9_M

Back
Top Bottom