Johnny Marr's weirdest post-Smiths collaborations

Irish Budd

Oh well.Enough said.
Not sure if this was posted before.I did a search and couldn't find it.
It's from the Uncut book of revelations.

Interesting.

Didn't Johnny work with David Crosby (as in Crosby Stills & Nash) also? I know they've at least hung out, which surprised me. Not that Crosby isn't a notable musician, but it's just someone you wouldn't associate with Marr. They probably discussed alternate tunings.

Most of his work with Kirsty MacColl was pretty good; The exception being 'Walking Down Madisson' :sick:
But lots of 'Kite' was written, or played by Johnny and that's a brilliant album.

Interesting stuff. And it looks good on a resume! ;)

Call me a bitch but, I can't think of anything he's done since The Smiths that I've actually liked.

Hello ‘bitch’ ;), what about The The’s “Mindbomb” and “Dusk”? Fantastic stuff. That harmonica didn’t play itself, y'know! :cool: :guitar:

Interesting stuff. And it looks good on a resume! ;)

Hello ‘bitch’ ;), what about The The’s “Mindbomb” and “Dusk”? Fantastic stuff. That harmonica didn’t play itself, y'know! :cool: :guitar:

I agree totally! The "Slow Emotion Replay" is up there with many Smiths songs. Quality.

Don't know about the weirdest, but Electronic, The The and Kirsty produced some great stuff.

Wasn't too keen on the Bryan Ferry / 'Money Changes Everything' tune with added lyrics, so maybe that is the wierdest!

Jukebox Jury

He actually played George Michael's Faith onstage?? Yikes...he really had some years where he was nothing more than a stick man (yes, that kind of "stick man"). They forgot Bryan Ferry, or maybe that wasn't odd enough.

I'd still like Marr to drop some demos in the post for Moz to be used on a future album, but nothing more than that...

Back
Top Bottom