just some written words

i was going through the true-to-you website, scrolling through the q&a and came across this:

I'm curious as to what makes a concert a good and memorable experience for you. According to you, what do your best shows have in common (if anything)?

Mads Peter
Copenhagen, Denmark

The audience doesn't realize this but, I, in effect, come to see them, and my temperament depends on how they react and even how they look. I sing directly at the audience, and I look right into the audience - few singers do, I've noticed. I am addressing them with each line, and they react - one way or another - as if we are in conversation. Often, because of the light, I can't see people - this is usually at festivals or outdoor amphitheaters and is nobody's fault, but I tend to lose the thread when I'm singing to blackness. Also, if the security at the front are too stroppy and too controlling my anger rises. The shape of the hall, and how the audience are positioned - whether free to move, or shackled to their seats, or being slapped back by security, are all elements that can make or break a night. I'm just there-somewhere-in the gaps.

this is one hundred percent true and i love seeing him.

Back
Top Bottom