Last True To You print edition, Winter 2004

goinghome

you must not tamper with arrangements
I went searching for remnants of the Morrissey fan magazine True To You, and accessed little content if a lot of discussion about the many issues, both hard and e-copy, as in the MSolo archive area for this entry.

The MSolo Wiki includes 2 covers, and states: The printed fanzine that started in 1994 and would later become True-to-you.net edited and run by Julia Riley.

The website of same name now displays one untouched blog page https://true-to-you.net/

I had a look at the glorious collection in Illness As Art too but came away empty-handed.

It seems the copy I kept was actually the last printed version of the magazine. I scanned the cover and contents page, and also some inserts about music news at the time, as below.

TTY cover Winter 2004 001.jpg

TTY 04 contents list 001.jpg

TTY 04 news inserts 001.jpg

Last edited:
The digital side of TTY is still accessible - although it is rather finicky regarding which time period you access to then work backwards in the archived news section.
The webspace renewal is highly likely to not be Julia - having lain dormant for about 6 years.
The Wiki entry is a placeholder and I added it to then segue in to the digital side of the site, where all Morrissey statements and release information have already been pulled from my hard copy of the site before it ceased.
I have about 2 years remaining to do on my PDF/.doc version of said. It is very time consuming, so it gets done bit by bit.

This is about as early as it goes back - featuring the fanzine above:
FWD.

The digital side of TTY is still accessible - although it is rather finicky regarding which time period you access to then work backwards in the archived news section.
The webspace renewal is highly likely to not be Julia - having lain dormant for about 6 years.
The Wiki entry is a placeholder and I added it to then segue in to the digital side of the site, where all Morrissey statements and release information have already been pulled from my hard copy of the site before it ceased.
I have about 2 years remaining to do on my PDF/.doc version of said. It is very time consuming, so it gets done bit by bit.

This is about as early as it goes back - featuring the fanzine above:
FWD.
I had a look at the link. I think it's the digital versions of TTY created after 2004, that you had on hard copy and have been able to transfer at that link, in many cases further linking to www.morrisseymusic.com references as they appeared?

I see the cover image and about a paragraph devoted to describing this issue of the magazine, but the content itself is not uploaded. Is that right? Is it of help to scan more of the content? If so, you might direct me to where you want me to store it if not in this thread.

For now, another insert below, a large fold-out 2-sided poll, which I know must have come with that issue, because it's the only one I ever had, following my subscription for 4 print copies! Although in fairness we were subsequently well served by years of digital e-zines in an era when ad sales hardly existed and would not have recouped costs.

Thanks Julia, wherever you are 💐

TTY 04 Poll Insert 1 001.jpg

TTY 04 Poll Insert 2 001.jpg

TTY 04 Poll Insert 3 001.jpg

TTY 04 Poll Insert4 001.jpg

Really want to hear that 2004 version of Home Is A Question Mark.

you get to fill in your own,questionaire form,how very quaint.
true to you online was good but not great,down the side panel there was all these categories like,news,concerts,albums but when you clicked on them there was nothing there but a blank page.

Competition pages from True To You 2004. I guess this indicates quite a substantial readership.

Competitions mid pages 001.jpg

Yes. Was recorded during the YATQ sessions. The one that appeared on LIHS is completely different; they just share the same title.
Are there any known lyrics or recordings of the 2004 version compared to the LIHS one?

Are there any known lyrics or recordings of the 2004 version compared to the LIHS one?
Alain has twice mentioned it:

"I really like the original demo called "Home Is.." Not sure Moz felt he had quite honed in on the final lyrics. Shame as it had the potential to be a great song."

And in response to some fake lyrics appearing online:

40760_20170920_041231.png

Make of that what you will.
Regards,
FWD.

Alain has twice mentioned it:

"I really like the original demo called "Home Is.." Not sure Moz felt he had quite honed in on the final lyrics. Shame as it had the potential to be a great song."

And in response to some fake lyrics appearing online:

View attachment 97849

Make of that what you will.
Regards,
FWD.

Now if we only knew someone (@dneuer) ;) that can ask Alain to include his version of this demo into his live set?

:pray:

Reviews from shows that took place around this time of the year but 24 years ago, in 1999, as collected in TTY '04

TTY 04, US reviews 10-11 Dec 1999 001.jpg

Another review of a 1999 show 24 years ago today, as collected in TTY '04, along with some fan messages

TTY 04, US review 14 Dec 99 & fan messages 001.jpg

Reviews of shows 24 years ago today and tomorrow

TTY 04, US review 15 Dec 99 001.jpg

TTY 04, US review 16 Dec 99 001.jpg

Back
Top Bottom