Lincoln, NE - Rococo Theatre (May 19, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

Hand In Glove / All You Need Is Me / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Ganglord / Speedway / Everyday Is Like Sunday / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / I Have Forgiven Jesus / Life Is A Pigsty / The Bullfighter Dies / Yes, I Am Blind / Meat Is Murder / Trouble Loves Me / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday

set list provided by dewdrop

Last edited by a moderator:
I have it on good authority that Morrissey was injured in Denver. He is trying to be brave but is in a lot of pain. That idiot in Denver has a lot to answer for!

I think if he really wanted to exact his revenge on this crowd, he should have done an encore consisting of "To Give," followed by an extended-version "Interlude" duet with Kristeen Young.

He should consider never playing To Give ever again, anywhere, to anyone. It's boring.

Be carefull, last time i went to Chicago, he only played 5 songs and walked out..much worse than Lincoln! This was the Maladjusted tour.

That's not accurate. I was at the show in question, Riviera September 1997. He played 10 songs (cutting Satan Rejected My Soul short) and was ill with flu. The set list and wrap-up are archived. In fact, those at the Aragon Ballroom the previous night heard him state that he was already unwell. Was the set shorter than normal? Yes (but not much, as he typically played 14 songs in those days). But there was a more compelling reason for this.

I've been to every Chicago show since (bar Metro, February 2000) and he has finished every concert he started. The prestige of playing at the Civic Opera is no doubt not lost on Morrissey's camp.

Last edited:
That setlist is shockingly slight. Moz probably tells the chauffeur to keep the engine running when he gets dropped off for the concert. Maybe he could save himself the bother and do a radio broadcast of himself singing from the bath.
I don't know why I am surprised but in an age of financial and mental depression it would be good if Moz tried togive some value for money. Even his '25 live' setlist was very short. He needs to get the thumb out and sing for longer than a glorified hour.

Thanks for the review Dewdrop. I couldn't agree with you more on your quote here. People need to show the Man some reverence and respect. Glad your girls got to go!

Setlist:

My take on the exchange is this: Morrissey has earned the right to expect respect from an audience when he's trying to say something to them. Period. The drunk assholes who thought they were being funny by screaming out "It's boring" are the ones to blame for tonight's amazing-then-turned-dud show. Morrissey played the remainder of his 15-song pre-encore set as he did the prior two shows, but, and rightly so, he chose not to come out for an encore. Encores are rewards for fans who were awesome during a concert.

There are going to be "Morrissey is a diva" stories all over the place on this one, and I believe that storyline is unfounded.

#teamMorrissey

- - - Updated - - -

Yyep.
Probably the same assholes who hoot and holler during Asleep.

It doesn't matter what was said morrissey's reaction was that of a petulant child.

Thanks for the video penfoldsfive . Sounds like the some in the crowd tried to win him back but Mozzy was frosted . Guess his feelings got hurt but can you blame him ? He's not a hologram .

This. Thanks for the reviews, Penny and dewdrop, and the explanation about the colloquialism. I could see how he'd misinterpret it though.

Sorry, if I've paid $60 to see a show then I'm the one who has earned the right to expect respect.
He's being paid for services to be rendered.
If he was injured, why not say so?
Why not tell the crowd that he believes they can make the night special if they just meet him halfway?
Anyone can play the bitch and walk off but for all his talk about loving and being kind he knows how to forget all about that when it's handy to do so.

By the way, bluebirds...my remark about idiots was meant for guernie, not you.
I apologize for my lack of clarity.

That's not accurate. I was at the show in question, Riviera September 1997. He played 10 songs (cutting Satan Rejected My Soul short) and was ill with flu. The set list and wrap-up are archived. In fact, those at the Aragon Ballroom the previous night heard him state that he was already unwell. Was the set shorter than normal? Yes (but not much, as he typically played 14 songs in those days). But there was a more compelling reason for this.

I've been to every Chicago show since (bar Metro, February 2000) and he has finished every concert he started. The prestige of playing at the Civic Opera is no doubt not lost on Morrissey's camp.

ahh..i don't know bout that. I was there. I saw the screw up. Yea, maybe the sickness might have had something to do with it but it's just another scapegoat excuse the fans derived just to make them feel better about the screw job. Man, that was a hostile crowd after that walk off. Felt sorry for the venders who were being cursed at while loads of people walked out. No doubt, it was worse than lincoln in my opinion.

From what I read here, Morrissey acted like a baby. Punishing ~2500 people for the actions of a couple loudmouths.... diva move. For someone who sings songs about individualism, going against authority, the hard life, and seeing through the bullshit, his actions sure don't match his words sometimes.

15 songs (one of which - the most well-known of the night - apparently not even sung by him).... shortest complete set outside of sickness issues/flying beer cups/festivals since 1997, where a couple shows came in at 15 WITH an encore.

But hey, you guys got "All You Need Is Me".

Last edited:
It doesn't matter what was said morrissey's reaction was that of a petulant child.

Well said. Can't believe folks are defending Morrissey. Such tools. Lincoln fans were not that bad.

Morrissey is an emotionally reactive person; sometimes that allows him to give us his best lyrics and best performances; other times it causes him to shut down completely. Everyone who follows him should know this, and I would bet that most people on this site have had at least one concert cut short for some reason. Obviously, he doesn't handle these situations well. When I heard about the water bottle incident a few years ago, I thought, if only he had come back out with an umbrella and sang "Singing in the Rain"; the crowd would have gone insane. He needs to address these situations with his wit, not his temper. That being said, I cannot imagine what it must feel like to be pouring your heart out on stage only to be humiliated by heckling, or worse, total disinterest. Technically, it appears that he didn't walk out, he simply refused to do any encores. I've always viewed encores equivalent to work bonuses; they are not mandatory, they are a reward for demonstrating above average participation. I just hope that these couple of unfortunate incidents don't sour his disposition for the rest of the tour. We have these amazing spoken videos and a very promising new record. Let's concentrate on the positive.

lynnda

That setlist is shockingly slight. Moz probably tells the chauffeur to keep the engine running when he gets dropped off for the concert. Maybe he could save himself the bother and do a radio broadcast of himself singing from the bath.

Okay this made me lol. So sorry Lincoln got screwed and didn't get to hear Asleep, etc.. If it's any consolation even the internet was spooky and off while he was singing.

Sorry, if I've paid $60 to see a show then I'm the one who has earned the right to expect respect.
He's being paid for services to be rendered.
If he was injured, why not say so?
Why not tell the crowd that he believes they can make the night special if they just meet him halfway?
Anyone can play the bitch and walk off but for all his talk about loving and being kind he knows how to forget all about that when it's handy to do so.

By the way, bluebirds...my remark about idiots was meant for guernie, not you.
I apologize for my lack of clarity.

It doesn't matter that you shelved out $60 to see Morrissey live. YOU chose to do so, you didn't have to. There is definitely a mutual respect between artist and audience, but he seemed to hold up his part. He wanted to tell a story, and even though the heckle was misinterpreted, let him finish his own sentence. It's rude to yell out while he's speaking to you. And another thing - he has repeatedly said that not only do you come to see him, but HE is visiting you.

And, don't you know that when an artist lets YOU sing to HIM that it's an honor?? You might have redeemed yourselves if you'd put in a little effort. Or maybe he was just fed up with a rude audience.

I'm sorry he cut his show short (it's happened to me, too) but I can't say I blame him on this one.

I have it on good authority that Morrissey was injured in Denver. He is trying to be brave but is in a lot of pain. That idiot in Denver has a lot to answer for!
How do you know this and can you elaborate a bit more about this injury?

I think the people in US is misunderstanding Moz. I was with my wife in the concert in Lincoln last nite, and will surelly be in Lawrence tonight, we came all the way from Brazil, just to see this 2 concerts. In the past evening event, I noted his repeated attempts to inform that he wasn t happy with the events in Denver, and probably with the past events and the audince didn t allow him to talk, so he got mad, with reason. The last stroke, a guy that attempted to advance in the stage, luckly was contained by security, he finished the regular concert and left. He let clear that he is not happy with this invasions and the audince is not given a danm, so he is not given a damn also, it is a push and pull situation, lets stop invanding, make him fell secure, and the shows will be better and better, he would not make so an extensive tour, if he would not want to, so let him play, and do not try to throw him in the floor, he is not as young as he used and needs RESPECT from the audience, Mr Steven Patrick Morrissey, needs a show of RESPECT not one or another trying to hurt him, lets he sing, watch and enjoy his unique voice and poetry PLS!!!!!

I agree with you about most things you write above. However, it's my observation and experience that Morrissey invites people to the stage. He could easily ask politely for people not to come to the stage, and in fact he commonly helps people on to the stage.

so I don't agree with you that someone trying to get on stage was "the last stroke."

But, Obrigado, regardless, for your intelligent perspective.

I was more than happy with the set. Sure, it would have been nice to hear Asleep but the band was tight and Morrissey's voice sounded impeccable. Audiences are entitled to nothing; paying for a concert ticket is a choice not a right. The whiners need to shove off and hit up the nostalgia tours when they hit Stir Cove this summer.

I was 3 people from the front in the "dance floor." I found the crowd split into 3 types of people, with vast generalization. Serious fans. Casual fans. Assholes. In the older days, Assholes were a low %, maybe 5%. These days they seem to be multiplying up to 10-20%. People talked during serious songs, talked when it was quiet, and did seem to be rude. I saw the same in San Jose. I recognize these are over-generalizations and yet they are empirical anecdotal.

I did see Morrissey cough at least once. So that adds credence to the assertion he is ill.

I didn't see evidence of injury, but that doesn't mean much.

I felt the band and Moz were in good form. I'll upload some poor audio and poor video recordings shortly.

It doesn't matter that you shelved out $60 to see Morrissey live. YOU chose to do so, you didn't have to. There is definitely a mutual respect between artist and audience, but he seemed to hold up his part. He wanted to tell a story, and even though the heckle was misinterpreted, let him finish his own sentence. It's rude to yell out while he's speaking to you. And another thing - he has repeatedly said that not only do you come to see him, but HE is visiting you.

And, don't you know that when an artist lets YOU sing to HIM that it's an honor?? You might have redeemed yourselves if you'd put in a little effort. Or maybe he was just fed up with a rude audience.

I'm sorry he cut his show short (it's happened to me, too) but I can't say I blame him on this one.

How do you know this and can you elaborate a bit more about this injury?

You're right. Buying the tickets and showing up isn't enough effort. If that's all you're going to do then just stop. I'm sure Morrissey has better things to do than "visit" cities and sing.

Back
Top Bottom