Liverpool - Empire Theatre (July 18, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

How Soon Is Now? / Suedehead / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / I Wish You Lonely / Frankly, Mr. Shankly / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Girlfriend In A Coma / Our Frank / Knockabout World / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Half A Person / My Hurling Days Are Done / Bonfire Of Teenagers / Everyday Is Like Sunday / The Loop / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Speedway // Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist courtesy of whichway2 via setlist.fm

Last edited by a moderator:
Morrissey didn't say Rishi Sunak..sure it had something that had egg or something about an egg but I can't recall what he said instead of Rishi??
Anyone remember??
And hey..if I am wrong I am just blaming my hearing. Easy done innit.
'Fishy' Sunak.

I got a piece of that shirt. Our friend who got the piece shared it with 4 other people. Black with gold or silver threads through it.Hope it's in the attic. I'm not willing to find out. My attic like that warehouse in Indianna Jones.
I managed to tug a 4 inch square of black see through shirt from a gig in '91, with the buttonhole on it!!
Decided it would be a good idea to put it through a laminator to preserve it.
F**ckin idiot.

I got a piece of that shirt. Our friend who got the piece shared it with 4 other people. Black with gold or silver threads through it.Hope it's in the attic. I'm not willing to find out. My attic like that warehouse in Indianna Jones.
It seems like he had a lot of those shirts in ‘91, as one of those shirts I got a bit of from the November Chicago show was the same.

I need some advice please, with the signed vinyls are there many left after the gig or do they sell out before the gig starts? Would prefer to buy at the end so don’t have to worry about protecting it during. Assume the stall won’t reserve it to collect after? Have they been on sale at every gig so far? Thanks

I need some advice please, with the signed vinyls are there many left after the gig or do they sell out before the gig starts? Would prefer to buy at the end so don’t have to worry about protecting it during. Assume the stall won’t reserve it to collect after? Have they been on sale at every gig so far? Thanks

In my experience, there's always plenty left. I can't imagine many people want to pay £250 for an autograph on a reissued album, or even worse, someone else's album.

All apart from Portsmouth
Each gig had vinyls left after the event.

In my experience, there's always plenty left. I can't imagine many people want to pay £250 for an autograph on a reissued album, or even worse, someone else's album.
Thank you, any further feedback on the signed vinyls from anyone else would be much appreciated too. If you wait for Morrissey to arrive at the venue does he stop and sign items?

That’s basically the story.
I was there on the night, it was a plastic bottle of water but it looked almost full.
That coming at you through the glare of a spotlight would be quite the shock and although it was awful to see Moz walk off stage after only two songs (This Charming Man. Black Cloud) I couldn’t really blame him. Support was from Doll & The Kicks who played a great set so it wasn’t an entirely wasted evening.
It was thrown from a few feet behind me. I watched it through the air before hitting him on the head. He looked really upset, and embarrassed.

The context was that only 2 weeks earlier he had collapsed on stage, with another set curtailed as he was admitted to hospital. Swindon, as I recall. Not all that long after he was found with dark blood around his mouth and face, unresponsive, in a hotel room whilst touring.

Back to the Echo Arena. In the moments after the incident, from the stage Boz and Security stood looking in our direction, searching pointlessly for the culprit. The audience were absolutely vile. Trying to pin it on anyone, in the false assumption that a sacrificial lamb would see the set continue. It really pissed me off. So many people were happy to see some random poor sole get a kicking backstage, whilst the real culprit stayed to enjoy the rest of the gig. Well, it never happened.

Thank you, any further feedback on the signed vinyls from anyone else would be much appreciated too. If you wait for Morrissey to arrive at the venue does he stop and sign items?
He signs them in bulk ahead of time. You will not see Morrissey arrive at the gig. He is either on the tour bus or in a private hire car with blacked-out windows, and is in the venue in about 5 steps. Loads of security at the back entrance (oooo-err).
I don’t get people paying £250 for these. Surely most of the significance of an autograph is the experience of meeting the person, having a quick chat, shaking their hand etc etc. With these, you’re just buying something Morrissey happened to scribble on while he was watching EastEnders.

Back
Top Bottom