Liverpool - Empire Theatre (July 19, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Irish Blood, English Heart / Suedehead / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Speedway / Jim Jim Falls / I Wish You Lonely / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Girlfriend In A Coma / The Night Pop Dropped / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Notre-Dame / How Soon Is Now? / Bonfire Of Teenagers / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / The Loop / My Hurling Days Are Done / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of @Dusty Miller's Hornpipe

Last edited:
How many?
Too many.

It’s odd to think of how much this song has changed since the original studio version. Obviously the first live incarnation was different (personally, I like both from that era and), but I can do without the mutated rats version he’s insisted upon serving up in recent years.

Too many.

It’s odd to think of how much this song has changed since the original studio version. Obviously the first live incarnation was different (personally, I like both from that era and), but I can do without the mutated rats version he’s insisted upon serving up in recent years.
I have to agree with you, it spoils it for me tbh.

Thanks Dusty, fantastic work tonight. Go & get yourself a well deserved pint, or two. :thumb:

Kill yourself

Pop

Last edited:
Stop

During the second song, Morrissey stopped singing to say “really?” over and over again to one particular security who was pacing up and down in front of the stage, rolling up his short sleeve shirt to show his biceps off.

Morrissey’s security guy jumped down and told them all to back off to the sidelines, where they stayed for the rest of the gig.

I also saw a couple of the younger security before the set started, ones that I recognised from last night’s gig, laughing and making pulling off the stage gestures, clearly getting ready to flex their muscles again.

Hope he doesn’t play this venue if he visits Liverpool again, security like that can make it uncomfortable for everybody.

Last edited:
That was amazing, even better than Tuesday. He was in fine form and in a much better mood!
He said they'd moved the stage closer overnight, maybe that is the reason.
Incredible stuff

By all means

He drives everybody mad :rock:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom