Mark Ronson's cover of "Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before"

I like that ! It's refreshing to hear a cover done in a sort of poppy, 80s-style with a bit of British soul and very slight funkiness. Nice production values too.

Bookhouse88 !

Hate it ...sorry !!!
dont like covers anyway !

Not going to listen to it because it will be shit.

FACT.

Nice idea but a tripe version. Sounds very tinny to me. Has anyone ever heard Dave Couse's (formerly of A House) version of 'Everday is like Sunday? Now that's a good, if faithful, cover.

reminds me of a Bond theme

sorry dont like it but its always good when a Smiths or Moz song gets covered - more exposure.

I like it. I think it finds some more emotion in the song. It shows Morrissey and Marr to be great writers, as do sandie Shaw's Smiths versions.

Like it
but once bond theme was mentioned I must agree !!!!!!!!!!!!!

actually just heard the end with the mix of "set me free" and love it

Interesting take....hmm. Hardcore Mozheads will hate it, though.

musically, it's pretty good

the singing completely ruins it, though. the bloke sounds like he's crying.

If I was being kind I would say it was interesting.
If I was being polite I'd say it's not my cup of tea.
If I was being honest I'd say it was shit

Sorry :o

I don't hate it. Music is ok, if the voice was replaced by a deep south soul vocal it would be pretty darn good.

that's just watered down crap. chavs will buy that.

Completely agree. It makes me quite mad that most of the people buying that will have never heard the original, let alone even know who The Smiths are.

Absolute pap.

Haha! i posted saying how much i hated this in a thread a few weeks ago where everyone else was saying it was good. The thread sunk without trace.

This thread seems to have attracted a bit more hate :p

I heard it at work on radio 1, Chris Moyles and his twat like mates thought it was a brand new song...they aren't worth the time correcting mind.

No thanks!! Sounds too earnest and a bit like The Pet Shop Boys.
Hopefully it will sink without a trace.

Back
Top Bottom