Meltdown Lineup // Support for Moz shows: Cockney Rejects (Oi!), Libertines,Ordinary Boys, Linder

Re: Nice breakdown, thanks! Just remembered -- what about Elton doing Jobriath??

That was a scurrilous rumour started by....ME

Re: Nice breakdown, thanks! Just remembered -- what about Elton doing Jobriath??

I was hoping that Sir Elton would be recreating this.

Jobriath was booked that Christmas to perform at the Paris Opera House, where he was to perform one of the most audacious rock stunts of a decade addicted to rock stunts. Dressed as King Kong, he would climb a replica of the Empire State Building, only for the skyscraper to turn into a gigantic spurting penis that would ejaculate Jobriath on to a piano. He would land gracefully, slough off his King Kong costume and emerge as Marlene Dietrich.

http://enjoyment.independent.co.uk/music/features/story.jsp?story=510925

Haven't you realized by now that NONE of the Jobriath projects that Morrissey is supposedly involved in will ever materialize? What happened to the Rhino compilation CD with the Moz liner notes?

Chris

Wow, someone has WAAAY too much time on his/her hands!

Re: Wow, someone has WAAAY too much time on his/her hands!

Believe me, researching the acts of Meltdown was *a lot* better than doing what I was supposed to be doing at work. = )

And it paid off: I got back from Borders an hour ago with Henryk Gorecki's Symphony No. 3 performed by the London Sinfonietta, and am sipping wine, almost in tears listening to it.

Really. I thought E.John was trying to emerge from the "crashing bore" category!

Back
Top Bottom