Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas, everybody!

2004.10.10.jpg

Ok, I'm sure I'll be on here later, but I know some of you have better things to do (sprouts to peel and stuff) so Merry Christmas, have a good one (I know I will, I've seen the amount of booze that has been purchased...) And this is of course my cat getting into the festive spirit...

He definitely existed. It is foolishness to question the fact that the person Jesus actually existed. There is actually significant evidence of the events described in the Gospels, but no serious historian, archaeologist, or scholar goes so far as to say there is "no evidence" that he "even existed".

And yes, Jesus was not born in December. It does seem like April is the most sensical option. The Catholics chose the 25th to attract Pagan converts to make it seem like their religion wasn't too different from that of the Pagans (which was a very bad idea) because they celebrated some sun-worshipping holiday on that date, and some people tacked on that it was a positive thing about Jesus because he is sometimes symbolically compared to the sun.

It is not foolish to question whether Jesus existed and the debate has been going on for at least a couple hundred years. He left no written account of his existence - in fact none exists until the writing of the gospels some 40 years after his demise. He probably existed but if I were to start writing the life story of my Uncle Charlie (dead some 20 years now) whom I knew well, it would be a sketchy work at best. Fact of the matter is there are only a handful of contemporary documents that mention a Jesus and they are contradictory to the gospels.

That many events in the gospels happened I don't question - although the explanations for them I certainly do. That Jesus probably existed I accept. That no proof of his existence exists, I stand by.

Nice picture. Who is it?

I just received them too, now the feast can begin! ;)

New Pj's (don't laugh! :o), a dictionary (don't laugh!), 10euros and a cd. What did you get?

New Pj's (don't laugh! :o), a dictionary (don't laugh!), 10euros and a cd. What did you get?

He, can't remeber what a PJ is:o

I got;
Hunky Dory by Bowie
Takk & "()" by Sigur Rós
A Jan Berglin calender
A fantastic blazer
Some money
IJWTSTBH but it hasen't arrived yet.
"Who Put The 'M' In Manchster" but I already had it so I'll have to change it.

:)

Pyjamas, Chartres ;)
Great albums!!

Snapphanarna? Some Swedish soap? :p

Snapphanarna? Some Swedish soap? :p

Nope, every christmas SVT ("our" TV company) makes an expensive dramatisation of our history, this year it's about snapphanarna who were Skånish freedom fighters as Sweden and Denmark fought about SKåne during the middle of the 17th century.

:D

I'm contributing with only a Christmas message.

Merry Merry Christmas to all of you.

It's the small things that count. Kisses.

Back
Top Bottom