Middlesbrough aftershow party.

Boro_Morrissey

Hey people. I'm a promoter from Middlesbrough. I was wondering if any of you whom are coming to the boro show would be interested in a Morrissey after show party at a venue close to the town hall once the show is done? Just i'm contemplation running one. Booking a Moz/Smiths tribute band possible, and maby getting someone for the local music scene to do a Moz/Smiths DJ set. What ya think?

Hey people. I'm a promoter from Middlesbrough. I was wondering if any of you whom are coming to the boro show would be interested in a Morrissey after show party at a venue close to the town hall once the show is done? Just i'm contemplation running one. Booking a Moz/Smiths tribute band possible, and maby getting someone for the local music scene to do a Moz/Smiths DJ set. What ya think?

Not much point in booking a tribute band - people will have just seen Morrissey, so why watch a pale imitation?

Just a daft idea i had, just want to make it a special night and get everyone down.

Cheers for the feedback mind, it is much welcome.

If anyone has any ideas on what they would like to see let me know and i will try and make it happen.

Seeing Morrissey in my town was something i never expected to happen again, so i want to make it as special as possible i suppose.

Cheers
Matt.

Count us in too...DJ set sounds good. Like you, its a very rare "privilege" to have him in our hometown and needs marking as such :)...oh and that also means longer to drink :D

Last edited:
I'm working to get the right venue at the moment, im after something right close to the town hall. I think we have somewere, will let you lot know as soon as i know.

Do you think i should try and get someone to come up like Garry Day or summit? Just know there are a few old "Sidemen" that do that sort of thing now.

You need a proper Morrissey fan to dj, one who isn't just going to play This Charming Man and First of the Gang.

WHy not do it yourself?

I would happily do it, i was just thinking of trying to do something to make sure people come, i want to try do something that stands out and get's people to come.

Honestly mate you don't need to do anything special. It's a Friday night, loads of people will be up for going out afterwards. Get a venue fairly near the venue, advertise it on here, set up a Facebook event for it, give flyers out to people going into and leaving the gig.

I guarantee it will be packed

Honestly mate you don't need to do anything special. It's a Friday night, loads of people will be up for going out afterwards. Get a venue fairly near the venue, advertise it on here, set up a Facebook event for it, give flyers out to people going into and leaving the gig.

I guarantee it will be packed

Thanks very much for the feedback, i will let you lot known when it's sorted.

Back
Top Bottom