Morgan Freeman seriously injured in a car crash

Jukebox Jury

Retired
Here's hoping for a quick recovery.:)

The radio station I'm listening to referred to 'the curse of the new Batman film' (I didn't even know he was in it!). Time to tune into another station......

Jukebox Jury

The radio station I'm listening to referred to 'the curse of the new Batman film' (I didn't even know he was in it!). Time to tune into another station......

Jukebox Jury

Hope he'll recover soon.

Silly to say curse of the new Batman film just because Heath Ledger's death and Christian Bale's domestic trouble.

i hope he will be okay.hei s a fine actor and was the united states first african american president.

0216-blog-morgan.jpg

Hope he'll recover soon.

Silly to say curse of the new Batman film just because Heath Ledger's death and Christian Bale's domestic trouble.

Agree,
Years ago, in the late 80's / early 90's a few Coronation Street (alleged) actors / actresses died and there was this 'Curse of the Street' nonsence in the media - completely forgetting that the said thespians were all in their 80's / 90's:rolleyes:

Jukebox Jury

Thanks, JJ - I just read this on MSN and was very :(

JACKSON, Miss. - Oscar-winning actor Morgan Freeman was injured in a car accident late Sunday night and is in a hospital in Memphis, Tenn.

Regional Medical Center spokeswoman Kathy Stringer said Freeman, 71, is in serious condition. The hospital is about 90 miles north of the accident scene in rural Tallahatchie County in the Mississippi Delta.

Mississippi Highway Patrol spokesman Sgt. Ben Williams confirmed Freeman was in a wreck shortly before midnight Sunday, but said he was still gathering information and had few details Monday.

Clay McFerrin, editor of Sun Sentinel in Charleston, said he arrived at the accident scene on Mississippi Highway 32 soon after it happened about 4 miles west of Charleston, not far from where Freeman owns a home with his wife.

McFerrin said it appeared that Freeman's car was airborne went it left the highway and landed in a ditch. "They had to use the jaws of life to extract him from the vehicle," McFerrin said. "He was lucid, conscious. He was talking, joking with some of the rescue workers at one point."

McFerrin said bystanders converged on the scene trying to get a glimpse of the actor. When one person tried to snap a photo with a cell phone camera, Freeman joked, "no freebies, no freebies," McFerrin said.

The hospital where Freeman is being treated is commonly known as The Med, and is an acute-care teaching facility that serves patients within 150 miles of Memphis.

Considering the severity of the wreck, it's promising that he was concious and even joking. Course, it could have been 'shock' talking. I hope he recovers alright.

Yes i hope he gets better soon.Brilliant man.

I have read there was a passenger in the car, but I don't know if she is seriously ill, cause as she is not famous, the journalist don't seem to care...:mad:

Does anyone remember the "Poltergeist" curse? :eek:

Oh yes. Thankfully, Craig T. Nelson was spared ;) :)

Was there a 'curse' on the set of The Twilight Zone movie?...the one in which the helicopter scene killed Vic Morrow and the two child actors or was that just a freak accident?

Was there a 'curse' on the set of The Twilight Zone movie?...the one in which the helicopter scene killed Vic Morrow and the two child actors or was that just a freak accident?

I don't think it was cursed, I think it was just a terrible accident.

Jukebox Jury

Hope he gets well soon. He had a *female passenger* but no word yet on her condition. Hope she's ok too! Yep, he's in the new Batman. I STILL haven't seen it. It'll cost more than $10.00 to go....ridiculous. :mad:

Eww, Vic Morrow was decapitated - did you know that Jennifer Jason Leigh is his daughter?

I just heard on CNN (1:36PM) that Morgan Freeman's injuries are life threatening- I didn't hear the whole thing but it looks like it has to do with his heart. :( No mention of his female passenger.

Back
Top Bottom