Morrissey book signing in Gothenberg, Sweden - 17th October 2013

News from TTY...

Morrissey in Sweden - true-to-you.net
11 October 2013

Morrissey in Sweden

Morrissey will appear at Akademibokhandeln Nordstan in Goteborg (Sweden) on Thursday 17 October to sign copies of his Autobiography. The book is available throughout Europe on this date.
Akademibokhandeln Nordstan is at Norra Hamngatan 26, 411 06 Goteborg. Their telephone number is +46 31 61 70 30, and their email is [email protected].
Morrissey will appear at 5 pm.
No additional book signings are planned.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweden gave him a number 1 spot in the album charts along with Malta and naturally that made Sweden one of his favourite places in the world. He did after all introduce himself as "Sweden Patrick Morrissey" at the Karlstad gigs in Sweden in 2006. As far as I know he is also to appear in a swedish tv programme as well as attending a tribute gig he was invited to.

All these things were planned and booked quite some time before the release of his biography was planned so it is all some sort of lucky coincidence. Furthermore he will pay his respects to someone some of us knew as "Urban" who passed away in June and who was part of the setup under the name of "Headlong into harm" who have been mentioned before on this website. A hardcore fanbase who backed Morrissey through the highs and the lows and whose members became personal friends with Morrissey over the years.

I will report on these upcoming events on this website in the coming week.

Brilliant!
Someone please stream this as live video AND/OR make a short film about it -- shoot the anxious lineup outside, man-on-the-street interviews, the whole bit. It would make a great little film. I'd do it myself if I could be there!

And thanks to the anon. poster above who summarized all things Morrissey+Sweden. Very interesting.

I don't know why everybody is so surprised.

"You'd like to have a book signing, but are feeling a little bit nervous about it? Scared that tons of people you don't want to see will turn up, and that tons of people you'd like to see won't? Relax and surprise everybody, including yourself, with the Gothenburg Deviation. Have a hassle-free Scandinavian session and show everybody who's boss while retaining your aura of romance and mystery. Get to smile at many athletic blond young men with your mouth full of Prinsesstårta for the price of one Easyjet return ticket. Or, even better, never return!"
I found that in the Swedish guide to Successful Signing.

I also like this page; loads of clever tips:
http://www.writing-world.com/promotion/promo01.shtml

Maybe he just really, really, really loves Batman and he's thinking "Meh...N. M. Close enough. Book it."

I dunno. I can't figure it out beyond what anonymous said.

I'll answer my own question. Yes they do. I could book £110 return right now. I'm genuinely tempted.

Judging by his track record I hope if you do go you won't be won't be overtly disappointed when the predictable words "Morrissey has cancelled this evening's show" appear on the bookshop window.

Good luck anyway

I think I'll wait to get my exclusive signed copy when its available on the merchandise stall on his next tour.

"A lot of people expected me to dedicate this book to "Ma". So I dedicated it to Switzerland instead. That should teach the masses not to take anything for granted. Mother cried a bit, but she saw my point in the end."
"...Actually, Switzerland was feeling a bit over-confident, so I scratched the dedication altogether."

"...On second thoughts, I've re-dedicated it. To Myself. Can't go wrong there!"

"A lot of people expected me to dedicate this book to "Ma". So I dedicated it to Switzerland instead. That should teach the masses not to take anything for granted. Mother cried a bit, but she saw my point in the end."
"...Actually, Switzerland was feeling a bit over-confident, so I scratched the dedication altogether."

"...On second thoughts, I've re-dedicated it. To Myself. Can't go wrong there!"

He should've titled it Born Lying Down.

But will he be ?

Cancel is his middle name you know. Steven Cancel Morrissey or just "Sicknote" for short.

we'll let you know

I am not usually a boy who know things. But I am quite sure this is happening.

Just waiting for all of the posts from fans wanting to know if he'll do a signing in their home towns. What a joke.:lbf:

I heard she killed BillyScissors and now lives at his place :D

She's sitting in his flat, wearing his skin, telling everyone on the phone that he's on vacation. :D

Brilliant!
Someone please stream this as live video AND/OR make a short film about it -- shoot the anxious lineup outside, man-on-the-street interviews, the whole bit. It would make a great little film. I'd do it myself if I could be there!

And thanks to the anon. poster above who summarized all things Morrissey+Sweden. Very interesting.

That would be great! Hopefully we'll at least get some good pictures! I would love to see Morrissey at a book signing!

Good vibes/warm wishes to anyone who gets to go:) And yeah, bring your camera, will ya:p

as well as attending a tribute gig he was invited to.

Morrissey: he never could resist a tribute gig to Abba, and organized book signing events wherever in the world there was one.

Next stops: Mumbai, Abu Dhabi, Zeebruges.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom