Morrissey for UK Number 1: FB group

Is there a way that us in the States can buy the song? I'd like to buy it 20xs.

If anyone from outside the UK wants to know how to download the track, send me a PM, and I'll let you know how to do it.

Last edited:
Facebook group has almost 12,000 members. Downloading of HSIN has now begun, to get into charts next Sunday. Up against the mighty Jedward :lbf:

Re: For your interest

What it did, was this:
What we have seen since the start of X Factor, is the winner is ''guarenteed' to be number 1 for Xmas. The RATM campaign ended that ''guarentee''. The point against the X Factor is that we know this years 2010 winner will also be number 1.... and that is regardless of the quality of the song or singer - unless another campaign is started to topple that too. People are fed up of the charts being manipulated in this way,

The charts are constantly manipulated by the record companies and the radio stations who decide who gets played and who doesn't :)

The way I see it - in the old days the charts were a reasonably true representation of what people were listening to (assuming the shops that compiled the charts were typical of course!) but illegal downloads have skewed the picture - the charts now only represent what the non-tech savvy and strongly principled are listening to. The stuff that housewive/husbands and grannies pop in their trolleys in Tesco.

But does it matter?

When it comes right down to it, it's only a sales chart, nobody cares what the best selling brand of beans is (except maybe Heinz :) so if we love a song should we care whether millions agree with us, or nobody?

It would be nice to introduce The Smiths to a new generation, so I will buy the downloads - but I don't really think it's likely to chart.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
The campaign was just mentioned on Radio 2 news!!!

Mike Joyce spoke about how honoured he was:)

When I woke up this morning I put the 5 Live news on and they were reporting this as a news item.

A friend tells me Mike Joyce is on Talk Sport tonight, no idea what time yet.

Jukebox Jury

They have How Soon Is Now as a theme tune to a show. Can't remember which one though? Might be Ian Collins through the week?

I can't imagine George Galloway having him on his show?

Last edited:
They have How Soon Is Now as a theme tune to a show. Can't remember which one though? Might be Ian Collins through the week?

I listen to his show on a Sunday (well, I as I don't have a telly, what else can I do!) and he uses the opening to 'Headmasters' Ritual' as a theme tune.

Jukebox Jury

I listen to his show on a Sunday (well, I as I don't have a telly, what else can I do!) and he uses the opening to 'Headmasters' Ritual' as a theme tune.

Jukebox Jury

Yes, he does. I think it might also be him who uses HSIN after the news? I'm not certain though. Someone on that station does!

Yes, he does. I think it might also be him who uses HSIN after the news? I'm not certain though. Someone on that station does!

The bloke who used to produce the Alan Brazil show a few years ago, Gile-o (surname Giles) is a mad City & Smiths fan and he was always plugging the band - much to Brazil's annoyance:D
Maybe he is doing that show now?

Jukebox Jury

The bloke who used to produce the Alan Brazil show a few years ago, Gile-o (surname Giles) is a mad City & Smiths fan and he was always plugging the band - much to Brazil's annoyance:D
Maybe he is doing that show now?

Jukebox Jury

I remember it well. Brazil isn't exactly known for his taste in music though is he? I've seen him out, pissed as a fart, with his daughter having to hold him upright. A bit like you that night I saw you in Albert Square :lbf:

I remember it well. Brazil isn't exactly known for his taste in music though is he? I've seen him out, pissed as a fart, with his daughter having to hold him upright. A bit like you that night I saw you in Albert Square :lbf:

Only that wasn't my daughter!!!!:lbf:
Yes, brazil is a BIG Rod Stewart fan:rolleyes:

Jukebox Jury

Back
Top Bottom