Morrissey interview on ABC.es

New interview

https://translate.googleusercontent...0.html&usg=ALkJrhilwCJKR0OQtQQhanWJwbllWPDijw

After overcoming the health problems that have forced many shows to be canceled this year, Steven Patrick Morrissey finally reached Spain to present his new work, "World Peace is none of your business." The release of the album started well, the reviews were favorable and enthusiastic fans responded, but then something went wrong between former The Smiths and seal. With an uncertain future, this myth of British pop seems to be about to surrender to fate ... or not?

What idea behind "World peace is none of your business"?

We live in an era where everything is too narrow and authoritarian moral codes. We need not be supervised or trampled, let us create our own laws, please. The media give too much support to world leaders that are dangerous, sadistic. And what's worse, the people can not decide which public funds are used. We need a peaceful revolution to revamp the voting system in elections, because it does not work as intended, and is especially designed to work for the people.

'The review has received it well.

I think there is no doubt that it is the best album I've ever done. All those who continue to come back to watch that with the Smiths begin to sound like real stupid, insane. "World Peace Is None Of Your Business" is the album of my life ... but now have no idea what my life is.

'The disc is also liked by the fans, but then came the problem with your label ...

Yes, I was been a great feeling for me after all these years .... and then it happened about my discussion with the director of my record, Steve Barnett. I could not see who was doing a good promotion, but as he is so selfish, what he did was say goodbye and remove the disc from the sale within three weeks. It's a situation that has not been seen in the history of music! Workers do not think the record would agree with Steve, but then, if they show disagreement he will bring their bodies into a pot of boiling oil.

'Is there possibility of understanding with Harvest Records, then?

-As I understand it, Harvest has put my head on a pike, so ... no, I do not think we will ever be friends! Anyway, have you ever artists have been friends of record? Is that possible? I have 14 new songs that I like to record, but with the luck I have, I know that nothing will happen and I can not do. I'm lucky in many ways, but I'm cursed so many. I have to accept it.

What would you like to do in the future?

I'd like to publish two or three more albums, but the reality is that the effort to find a label is leaving me exhausted. At my age, this is humiliating. A Charles Aznavour seems to do well as well. Maybe someone fiche me when I turn 91? Should I wait ...

What are your plans for the coming months? Maybe some collaborative project in mind?

'I asked Charles Aznavour sing in my song "Earth Is the Loneliest Planet" , but he said he does collaborations. However, I checked on YouTube who has collaborated with over 30 artists! So obviously what happens is that you do not like how I sound! We met the same birthday.

-HA Launched its own merchandising company, Mporium. Are you the same Responsible for designs?

Not all. My team is very smart and very stylish with their creations, so I have confidence to make final decisions in your hands. I understand me and understand what the public wants. Moreover, it is a great personal opportunity because I've never had a official fan club, so now people can get a little closer to me and incidentally bought some clothes to put on a funeral.

'One of their shirts said "Be Kind to Animals or I'll kill you."

It's by a holder of a tabloid about my veganism and my defense of animals. The headline was "Morrissey will kill you." I do not remember who wrote it, I always have to deal with nonsense. I know most will seem wrong, but I hope there who take it with a sense of humor.

So he's vegan now?

I'm glad at least in broken English translation he's softened his stance on not voting. I'll take what I can get. :p

How could he see those awful dairy farm images on the screen behind him during the last tour and go backstage and eat cheese?

And there are so many non-dairy alternatives that taste *better*

"but then something went wrong between former The Smiths and seal."

Que?

Label as shoved forcefully through an online translator. Either that or the Canada ban is something far deeper than we were led to believe.

And there are so many non-dairy alternatives that taste *better*

Even when I was a kid the thought of drinking cow's milk disgusted me. It just didn't seem right, and my mom never forced me. When I discovered almond milk i couldn't believe how tasty it was.

"No de todos. Mi equipo es muy listo y muy estiloso con sus creaciones, así que tengo confianza para dejar decisiones finales en sus manos. Me entienden a mí, y entienden lo que el público quiere. Además, es una gran oportunidad personal porque nunca he tenido un club de fans oficial, así que ahora la gente puede acercarse un poco más a mí y de paso comprarse algo de ropa para ponerse en un funeral."

Now, my Greek is a bit rusty, but I think here he's saying he knows his fans want to have "taste-free" t.shirts on which his face looks like it was painted in the dark by somebody's foot, to wear at Hector and Pepe's funeral, or just cheap ones with designs stolen on the internet by someone stupid enough not to reproduce them correctly (in case, you know, someone somewhere noticed something.) He's also saying he knows his team of designers largely consists in wankers (que es eso en sus manos? well yeah creo que si!) but he doesn't care because talented people should stay unemployed. Also, he's delighted little children wil earn a salary making those splendid garments, and he hopes to see them at his gigs in Sweden.

(Translation pending aproval by Morrissey's official personal interpreter, Chico Buarque.)

*Morrissey/ taking full responsibility since 1859.*

Did you know there are five elements? Earth, water, air, fire and cheese.

Did you know there are five elements? Earth, water, air, fire and cheese.

Ever since I saw the video of dairy farms I can't even look at cheese.

And this sweatshop shit needs to stop. Do all of you buy exclusively sweatshop-free goods? The man can't do anything right.

Great interview. I totally agree with his stance on changing the voting system in elections in order to be more representative of the people.

And, you are beautiful, although rarely. xx

Yes. That comment from CG had me stumped for a minute as well.

He's correct though. OBOE is just fantastic. The way it was recorded by the production team deserves a hug x.

Kill Uncle is better than World Peace.

No. The cover - and watching Morrissey playing football - was better, but nothing on the inside sleeve or optical disk is better.

The only good thing was that,

1. for a short time in 19xx, it provided a reason to smile. Morrissey was back (or found.)

2. It allowed Boz to carry out amazing musical transcriptions, some time later, from an out of tune Madness Piano (with or without the additional bus noises outside.)

Sad son,

Even the mere thought that "World Peace" is the best album he's ever done is completely Laughable.

-we'll let you know.

You know, we'll let you know/sad son, that the most laughing I have done this morning is laughing at you. Thank god you are not a professional musician

Its so funny that you actually wrote this and more so that you think it and believe it.

Re: New interview

World Peace suffers because Alain Whyte didn't write the music.

James, that's not right. Alain is moving in a different direction and - currently - not writing songs as good as Mountjoy, Oboe, KTBDTA, Istanbul, Bullfighter, JITW and the 14 new songs.

Dont get me wrong, Alain is talented - and is a great guy and has a lovely family - but you wouldnt like his new transcriptions right now and the new band are better and doing pretty well on there own.

If only the Interviewer would publish Morrissey's actual comments rather that a translation into spanish. Google translation is basically pointless to read.

If only the Interviewer would publish Morrissey's actual comments rather that a translation into spanish. Google translation is basically pointless to read.

Even if they used his actual words he'd claim he was misquoted :p

Yes. That comment from CG had me stumped for a minute as well.

He's correct though. OBOE is just fantastic. The way it was recorded by the production team deserves a hug x.

I pointed out one beautiful detail. You conclude I think the rest is shit? Would you prefer a line by line analysis of the beauty? Or should I just f*** off since it's apparent I am not a TRUE FAN because I dared to point out a single particular moment I enjoyed?

You know what? f*** off.

Doesn't Boz have a recording studio in Portugal? Why doesn't Morrissey record his next three albums there? Is the studio too small? Would it be too expensive for him to do that?

Back
Top Bottom