Morrissey on BBC R4 front row 20th april

JohnWilson14 (Morrissey's interviewer tonight) has just tweeted that:

- autobiog is finished, 200,000 words = 660 pages, currently redrafting but out next year.
Great news!!!:)

Last edited:
b010dqgd_640_360.jpg

Our man looks healthy, and a pound or two lighter!

Great news about the autobiography, I simply cannot wait for that. I just hope it's not all cryptic mumbo jumbo about ghosts and what have you. Could do with some northern straight to the point frankness with some of it. :lbf:

Quite excited now, its like a new album. I bet Stephen Fry is listening. The Archers was good too!

Everyday Is Like A Sunday??? Oh dear....

- He views the entire catalogue as all Morrissey, a single body of work, he doesn't divide it into Smiths and solo
- He plans to carry on like the old blues singer (ie, not retire) as long as he can find record companies to keep publishing
- He's working on trimming the 660 pages down (I say we need a petition that he leave all 660 pages in!)

- He views the entire catalogue as all Morrissey, a single body of work, he doesn't divide it into Smiths and solo
- He plans to carry on like the old blues singer (ie, not retire) as long as he can find record companies to keep publishing
- He's working on trimming the 660 pages down (I say we need a petition that he leave all 660 pages in!)

This makes me very happy. I couldn't imagine a life without seeing Morrissey on stage.

This makes me very happy. I couldn't imagine a life without seeing Morrissey on stage.

I'm not entirely convinced that part wasn't tongue in cheek. It was Wilson who suggested he keep on like a blues singer.

Yeah, it did sound tongue in cheek. Certainly doesn't sound like he was thinking of retiring any time soon though. Can't believe there were no questions about new material. Disappointing.

Overall the interview was quite charming though, if not immensely revealing.

Yes, it was a bit tongue in cheek, but the next thing he talked about was how difficult it was finding record companies because they only wanted artists that could sell lots of records. He did NOT say anything about wanting to retire or stopping recording. Why would he be worrying about not finding a cooperative label if he wasn't thinking of making more records?

This seems like a change-of-tune from a few years ago, when he seemed comfortable with the fact that he would one day wrap up his career. This could be a good or a bad thing...

did anyone catch the name of the publisher he is using for the book, or has he not signed with anyone yet? Love it to be Canongate, Faber dropped the ball if I remember...oops listen to the end of course...no publisher as yet

Last edited:
Can someone put this on a format that can play on iPad please, ie no flash required? YouTube or mp3? Thanks awfully.

Wow, 200,000 words - he has been busy.
Thanks all for the interview highlights, he's looking good.

Last edited:
did anyone catch the name of the publisher he is using for the book, or has he not signed with anyone yet? Love it to be Canongate, Faber dropped the ball if I remember...oops listen to the end of course...no publisher as yet

He doesn't have a publisher, will put it out for offer when he's trimmed it, says that he wants Penguin Classics to publish it. He laughed about that, but my first thought was he wanted to be on the same "label" as Dickens.

He says it "Americur".

*swoon*

Back
Top Bottom