Morrissey sighting: Garbage concert (September 4, 2023)

20230905_100457.jpg

UPDATE 6:45 AM PT:

Link to Garbage / Instagram story posted by Marsadjusted, original story from hannahmlondon / Instagram. Screenshot posted by Famous when dead:

full

Facebook reel posted by Marsadjusted:

Last edited by a moderator:
People are always 'nice' to Moz. He's a legend. It's only the likes of the NME and The Guardian who treat him badly. His singing career is doing just fine - he's about to start a world tour. But maybe you can persuade Capitol to be more respectful of diversity and release Bonfire from the vaults...
They’ve muted her.

People are always 'nice' to Moz. He's a legend. It's only the likes of the NME and The Guardian who treat him badly. His singing career is doing just fine - he's about to start a world tour. But maybe you can persuade Capitol to be more respectful of diversity and release Bonfire from the vaults...

Oh, look you've shoehorned Guardian & diversity into a post. SO SUBTLE.

Something... something... no.

He certainly may have been in attendance, but not performing with them. Butch Vig (who is 68) is drumming for this tour.

It was cool to see that Juan and Brendan were there, as Morrissey's guests. He certainly doesn't make his band members feel like 'paid studio musicians'.
Yes, it's very nice to see them out and about with peers like this.
It's Morrissey, being Morrissey : )

I'd just been wondering today if there was a pre-tour ritual, how many days before the first show they'd make their way to the starting line, and meet up, and so on. When it comes to session musicians, I hear they're supplied with the set-list and chords, and expected to do everything note perfect, with people they haven't met before, at the performance itself. This strikes me as inimical to the spirit of music. Unlike how it is for the current band of unruly boys and girls. I guess Shirley Manson is one of the few originals of the species left too. And she put out a strong-worded statement about Sinéad as well. They way she and Moz can resume rapport, even after differences of opinions expressed in anger, seems healthy to me.

Viva amitiés!

I'd just been wondering today if there was a pre-tour ritual, how many days before the first show they'd make their way to the starting line, and meet up, and so on. When it comes to session musicians, I hear they're supplied with the set-list and chords, and expected to do everything note perfect, with people they haven't met before, at the performance itself. This strikes me as inimical to the spirit of music. Unlike how it is for the current band of unruly boys and girls. I guess Shirley Manson is one of the few originals of the species left too. And she put out a strong-worded statement about Sinéad as well. They way she and Moz can resume rapport, even after differences of opinions expressed in anger, seems healthy to me.

Viva amitiés!
No doubt he's enjoying Mexico City too. It's an amazing place to visit. Taking a bus to Los Pirámides and climbing the Pyramid of the Sun is an experience you never forget.

I'd just been wondering today if there was a pre-tour ritual, how many days before the first show they'd make their way to the starting line, and meet up, and so on. When it comes to session musicians, I hear they're supplied with the set-list and chords, and expected to do everything note perfect, with people they haven't met before, at the performance itself. This strikes me as inimical to the spirit of music. Unlike how it is for the current band of unruly boys and girls. I guess Shirley Manson is one of the few originals of the species left too. And she put out a strong-worded statement about Sinéad as well.

They way she and Moz can resume rapport, even after differences of opinions expressed in anger, seems healthy to me.

Viva amitiés!

We don’t even know if Morrissey was aware of her shitty criticism of him. But for her to brush off her actions and kiss Morrissey’s ass when she finds herself in his presence isn’t a good look for her. After her strong words, you would think she was made of stronger stuff and would have stood by her words and the stance she took, or be a better person realize her mistake and make a public apology. Of course Consequence of Sound or Far Out will not question why she’s done this flip, as if her past criticism of Morrissey never happened. It’s fucking weird.

Another one

Joe Frady on Twitter via Facebook.

1693947726506.jpeg

:squiffy:

You gotta know what you look like nowadays
Before you go out
Or some existential crap will write about you
They say don't drink alcohol!
You gotta know what you look like, oh!
Before you go out

Know, look, look‘

No band-aids are colorful enough to distract from those choice of trousers! Lol.

Last edited:
View attachment 94834

You gotta know what you look like nowadays
Before you go out
Or some existential crap will write about you
They say don't drink alcohol!
You gotta know what you look like, oh!
Before you go out

Know, look, look‘

No band-aids are colorful enough to distract from those choice of trousers! Lol.

It's a bad angle.
When you go to a concert dressed in baggy jeans and eating a bag of crisps / potato chips, what message are you trying to convey? I think it was either the Garbage concert or a night in the hotel room watching Mexican telenovelas.

Looks like she started to use her brain and not follow the masses, she should really tweet an apology for being wrong in her judgements about Morrissey.

I wonder what her fans think of this flip, maybe they don’t think at all.

It’s nice, and a shame, at the same time.

Btw, he may have forgiven Shirley, but I will not forgive Morrissey for his diet of potato chips and those jeans!

Hahaa!
The chips don't lie.
🥔

Moz And Chips In Mexico (EDIT).jpg

'You gotta know what you look like, oh!
Before you go out'

I think the trousers and those black shoes look so fresh, if hes wearing dark burgandy socks that would be even cooler,also like the tight fit blazer. Looks good, just looks a bit tired thats all, he is 64.

Back
Top Bottom