Morrissey sighting in Sweden

He hasn't been seen in months, glad to see him, he always looks handsome. Why are you on this site if you just have nasty things to say? Seriously, interests me.

To comment that he looks old is leap-years away from making a "nasty" comment, AgathaC. Given the character assassinations that Moz has instigated, say towards Bowie, which was indeed quite nasty and hurtful, my gentle observation should be taken at what it is. If you say Moz always looks handsome, you haven't seen him much lately where he looks pained from almost every angle.

To comment that he looks old is leap-years away from making a "nasty" comment, AgathaC. Given the character assassinations that Moz has instigated, say towards Bowie, which was indeed quite nasty and hurtful, my gentle observation should be taken at what it is. If you say Moz always looks handsome, you haven't seen him much lately where he looks pained from almost every angle.

He does look pained here, but probably because he didn't want his photo taken.

He is in Sweden for a number of reasons, friends being one, but also looks likely he will be on the popular talk show "Skavlan" who premiered tonight. Next fridays show will be recorded in the coming days.

He is in Sweden for a number of reasons, friends being one, but also looks likely he will be on the popular talk show "Skavlan" who premiered tonight. Next fridays show will be recorded in the coming days.

I hope you're right!

No, not "leap-years away." It's rude. But that's people for you, people like ManicBoy.

He didn't want his picture taken and the guy took it anyway,

No, there's something wrong with the translation there. In Swedish, it says "Jag frågade om jag fick ta en bild och han tackade för att jag ville ta en bild" - I asked if I could take a picture and he thanked me for wanting to take a picture.

No, there's something wrong with the translation there. In Swedish, it says "Jag frågade om jag fick ta en bild och han tackade för att jag ville ta en bild" - I asked if I could take a picture and he thanked me for wanting to take a picture.

That's so sweet.

Vad var under armen?

"Lazy", really? And just what kind of legacy will you leave the world, Benny? Or are you hoping that internet trolls will be regarded as heroes in years to come..?

Hang on piss brains the clue to my legacy is in my name you stupid bellend, that's right I shall leave the family business founded in 1907 of plumbing to thrive for generations.
You on the other hand could leave your empty head to fukwit research with the hope that one day they can learn to transplant an ants brain into it. Fingers crossed we live in hope.

Benny-the-British-Plumber

I tell you what ! He's looking like his Dad as he gets older. I wonder if Jim Bowen knows he has a Son ?

There's a write up of the meeting and he said he has overpriced friends in Stockholm. Think something was lost in translation.

The funny thing is that if you go to the original Swedish version, you'll find the correct English in the article:

''Hello my name is Jan, are you Morrissey?''

Popkungen är på besök i Sverige – vi pratade med Jan som hade en nära-Moz-upplevelse.

Av Jonathan Eklund
Foto: Jan Åman
Igår dök det upp en bild, som spreds via Twitter, på en viss Morrissey där det såg ut som att han besökte Stockholm. Och visst var det så. Färgfabriken-grundaren, författaren och kuratorn Jan Åman är mannen bakom fotot. Vi var såklart tvungna att utbyta några stavelser med honom för att reda ut ett och annat.

Är du själv ett stort Morrissey-fan?

– Jag har sedan första The Smiths -plattan följt Morrissey nära. När jag redan 1989 startade tidningen HYPE tillsammans med vänner skrev jag en mycket lång introducerande text vars första del handlade om David Byrne ( Talking Heads frontman, reds. anm.) och vars andra del handlade om Morrissey. Så ja, Morrissey har haft ett stort inflytande. När det gäller David så blev vi långt senare introducerade för varandra, vilket ledde till att jag producerade projektet Playing The Building som öppnade på Färgfabriken 2005. En av få som haft stor betydelse för mig som jag inte träffat tidigare är Morrissey.

Berätta om gårdagens möte …

– Jag gick vid Strömmen och pratade i telefon och ser plötsligt en man stå med ryggen mot vattnet och lugnt plira mot solen vid Regeringsgatan, på andra sidan Gustav Adolfs torg. Jag kopplar bort telefonen och går fram och introducerar mig, "Hello my name is Jan – are you Morrissey". Han svarade vänligt att: "in fact I am". Jag sade "You have meant a lot to me". Han tackade för de orden och sedan hade vi ett mycket trevligt samtal om vädret, om Stockholm.

Sa han något om varför han var i stan?

– Jag frågade varför han var här och han sade mycket vänligt, leende, "You see, I do have friends ... and some also in Stockholm". Jag berättade att jag skrivit om honom för länge sedan och att jag långt senare arbetat med David Byrne, så vi talade en del om det. Jag frågade om jag fick ta en bild och han tackade för att jag ville ta en bild. Till sist tackade jag för samtalet och sa att jag var "honored to have met" – varpå han sa detsamma till mig. Det var ett mycket lugnt och mycket trevligt samtal.

Om Morrissey är kvar i Stockholm? Ingen aning. Men ut och leta nu alla fans

Nice story and photograph. The weather looks good too, which is great as Moz needs to potter about, rest up and enjoy himself, after the past 12months, which have been another roller-coaster of ups, lows, ups, lows, ups and ups - and those ups do not include the most amazing album of 2014. He shocked me with the quality of WPINOYB. It is his best work for years. The musical arrangements are special too.

So IF that means spending more time in European art galleries humming the amazing Art-Hounds to himself or singing 'these days' or 'my funny valentine' while walking through Sweeden or Switzerland or Germany or France then that would be great.

Dont forget, the next tour is ongoing soon and after that, they may want to go back to the studio to record the next album, so Boorer, Morrissey and Walkers need more songs too. And quick. Can't wait x.

Do you think Moz does walk round humming Art-Hounds thinking his life is an opera ? Hopefully all of the operas have now finished, now that
1. Harvest have been Harvested and
2. all of the "jesse" posse have done a runner after seeing and listening to Jesse write some decent songs.
3. Kristeen has gone - praise the Lord. Thanks be to god and common sense coming to the fore.

x

Re: Morrissey seen in Sweden

He has friends in Stockholm. I have friends in Stockton. You see guys, I keep trying to tell you we're soulmates and nobody believes me.

Jan is an effeminate name. Is it short for Janet?

From,

Jan Brady

The funny thing is that if you go to the original Swedish version, you'll find the correct English in the article:

''Hello my name is Jan, are you Morrissey?''

Popkungen är på besök i Sverige – vi pratade med Jan som hade en nära-Moz-upplevelse.

Av Jonathan Eklund
Foto: Jan Åman
Igår dök det upp en bild, som spreds via Twitter, på en viss Morrissey där det såg ut som att han besökte Stockholm. Och visst var det så. Färgfabriken-grundaren, författaren och kuratorn Jan Åman är mannen bakom fotot. Vi var såklart tvungna att utbyta några stavelser med honom för att reda ut ett och annat.

Är du själv ett stort Morrissey-fan?

– Jag har sedan första The Smiths -plattan följt Morrissey nära. När jag redan 1989 startade tidningen HYPE tillsammans med vänner skrev jag en mycket lång introducerande text vars första del handlade om David Byrne ( Talking Heads frontman, reds. anm.) och vars andra del handlade om Morrissey. Så ja, Morrissey har haft ett stort inflytande. När det gäller David så blev vi långt senare introducerade för varandra, vilket ledde till att jag producerade projektet Playing The Building som öppnade på Färgfabriken 2005. En av få som haft stor betydelse för mig som jag inte träffat tidigare är Morrissey.

Berätta om gårdagens möte …

– Jag gick vid Strömmen och pratade i telefon och ser plötsligt en man stå med ryggen mot vattnet och lugnt plira mot solen vid Regeringsgatan, på andra sidan Gustav Adolfs torg. Jag kopplar bort telefonen och går fram och introducerar mig, "Hello my name is Jan – are you Morrissey". Han svarade vänligt att: "in fact I am". Jag sade "You have meant a lot to me". Han tackade för de orden och sedan hade vi ett mycket trevligt samtal om vädret, om Stockholm.

Sa han något om varför han var i stan?

– Jag frågade varför han var här och han sade mycket vänligt, leende, "You see, I do have friends ... and some also in Stockholm". Jag berättade att jag skrivit om honom för länge sedan och att jag långt senare arbetat med David Byrne, så vi talade en del om det. Jag frågade om jag fick ta en bild och han tackade för att jag ville ta en bild. Till sist tackade jag för samtalet och sa att jag var "honored to have met" – varpå han sa detsamma till mig. Det var ett mycket lugnt och mycket trevligt samtal.

Om Morrissey är kvar i Stockholm? Ingen aning. Men ut och leta nu alla fans

He has friends in Stockholm. I have friends in Stockton. You see guys, I keep trying to tell you we're soulmates and nobody believes me.

I once drifted into Stockton as my intercity train had a problem. And it was bleak... sorry but it was in 1985 and it looked like the kinda place that you'd let your best mate get off the train first. I didnt have any mates and didnt get off the train !

I once drifted into Stockton as my intercity train had a problem. And it was bleak... sorry but it was in 1985 and it looked like the kinda place that you'd let your best mate get off the train first. I didnt have any mates and didnt get off the train !

There's a lot of shootings there. For some reason it's a hotbed of gang activity in the middle of nowhere. Which might explain the gangs, they're bored so they kill each other for fun.

One of the top three Moz shows, or ANY shows for that matter was in Stockton. :sweet:

I think I preferred the translation better when it was 'overpriced friends'. I'm a cheap date Morrissey, bag of chips and I'm yours! :D

I also love some of the hypociritical posts on here - ' Oh no! It's none of our business why he is there, leave him alone BUT... It's probably because of his Swedish lover' :love::love::brows:

Yep you can stop now, we know you're not interested in his love life yeah sure.

Back
Top Bottom