Morrissey Spotted in SF

Raquel

The Most Inept
On Tuesday, September 24, his day off between his 4 shows, he went to Amoeba Records on Haight Street. He was wearing a plaid flat cap and plaid attire as well. An employee spotted him looking at the Smiths and Morrissey CD sections. People seemed to recognize him but not approach him.

I do that, religiously, every time I go into any record store. I know damn well I'm not going to see anything I haven't seen before, but I still have to look. Just on the off chance...you know....

I don't wear a cap, but a rapidly diminishing hairline.

Peter

Hi this is Morrissey, and I can assure you that I do not look for my own albums or CD's for that matter when entering a record store. I head straight for the Barbara Streisand section, then off to the used VHS section where I gather my lyric material from watching comedies of the 1980's.

A spirit in the material world,
Morrissey

Hi this is Morrissey, and I can assure you that I do not look for my own albums or CD's for that matter when entering a record store. I head straight for the Barbara Streisand section, then off to the used VHS section where I gather my lyric material from watching comedies of the 1980's.

A spirit in the material world,
Morrissey

It's spelled Barbra, luv.

There is not a single doubt in my mind that Moz would look at his own CDs.

--jeniphir

There is not a single doubt in my mind that Moz would look at his own CDs.

--jeniphir

Of course he would be interested in knowing if they actually had stock of his merchandise

I do that, religiously, every time I go into any record store. I know damn well I'm not going to see anything I haven't seen before, but I still have to look. Just on the off chance...you know....

I don't wear a cap, but a rapidly diminishing hairline.

Peter

i know its the first thing i do, by habit, when going into any record store.
i'm not very suprised that morrissey does that. its cute though :p

i know its the first thing i do, by habit, when going into any record store.
i'm not very suprised that morrissey does that. its cute though :p

hehe, I third this action. I do it too...and I also put his records/cd's in front of all the others, so that the front row is covered with nothing but MORRISSEY! :D

Happy to know he was out and about! :)

Off topic, but there's a great taco place down the street from that record store.

Off topic, but there's a great taco place down the street from that record store.

I wonder if you are referring to Sweet Heat?
Morrissey would love that place, they specialize in vegetarian burritos. But I can't quite imagine him queueing up and telling the employee what kind of beans he would like, mild or hot salsa, regular or super burrito...

Last edited:
Nice to hear that Moz likes Amoeba records too - that is such a marvellous shop - probably the best record store in the world.

On Tuesday, September 24, his day off between his 4 shows, he went to Amoeba Records on Haight Street. He was wearing a plaid flat cap and plaid attire as well. An employee spotted him looking at the Smiths and Morrissey CD sections. People seemed to recognize him but not approach him.

i also do this

Wait: no one is going to comment that Morrissey was dressed entirely in tartan?! Fair enough, I'm a lover of plaid myself. Maybe not enough to dress head to foot in it, but to each his own.

Has Moz made a return visit to El Noche, the Mexican drag bar in Oakland?

Wait: no one is going to comment that Morrissey was dressed entirely in tartan?! Fair enough, I'm a lover of plaid myself. Maybe not enough to dress head to foot in it, but to each his own.

Has Moz made a return visit to El Noche, the Mexican drag bar in Oakland?

I would love to see a photo of that all plaid get-up!
"Esta Noche" is in SF, Moz went there after his Oakland show.
Not sure if he's made it back this time though!

I recognize myself there.:)

hehe, I third this action. I do it too...and I also put his records/cd's in front of all the others, so that the front row is covered with nothing but MORRISSEY! :D

Happy to know he was out and about! :)

LOL, SNAP,
in fatc this is my main reason for actually eve going into a record store, to find the moz stuff and spread it all across the front of the rack. ;)

LOL, SNAP,
in fatc this is my main reason for actually eve going into a record store, to find the moz stuff and spread it all across the front of the rack. ;)

haha! Good! Because we must! ;)

I really have no business going to look for anything else anyways....I haven't been to a 'good' record store, actually ever even been to one! :eek:, which I am needing to so desperately, so everything that I see, are cd's of crap bands. Which is all I say when I pass the cds.

But I have fun in putting Moz where he should be!! ;)

Back
Top Bottom