Morrissey's fear of flying

MORRIZSEY

Wrong species
Considering Morrissey has a fear of flying, he seems to cope with it quite well during travels. I remember the interview in Rome, when he explained how he ended up living there due to a flight which stopped in Ireland following a bumpy journey. Feeling he couldn't make another long scary flight, he flew from Ireland to Rome, rather than on to the US (I always wondered why he couldn't have stayed over in a hotel in Ireland?). I presume Morrissey's fear is at a low enough level to allow him to overcome this on a regular basis?

Haven't you answered your own question?

The guy is back and forth between LA and England every other week it seems - I think he manages just fine. Nobody really LIKES flying. It's just something that one has to do from time to time, especially a performer and a man of high taste like M.

You know the day he passed out on stage? I know I'm :crazy: and all but I'm pretty sure he had a rough flight either the day before or a couple days before because I woke from a PANIC nightmare during what would be his flight. So based on crazytalk, I'm not convinced he's entirely cured from fear of flying. But apparently he just flew over there totally fine so who knows?

Haven't you answered your own question?

The guy is back and forth between LA and England every other week it seems - I think he manages just fine. Nobody really LIKES flying. It's just something that one has to do from time to time, especially a performer and a man of high taste like M.

Not so much a question as a discussion. He's avoided touring Australia in the past for this reason, so it affects fans as well as him. Plus, if he can deal with regular 8 hour flights, I've always wondered why 10 or 15 hour flights are so much worse.
I'm not questioning the legitimacy of his fear, I fear flying myself, just some of his comments on the subject in interviews seem hard to fathom (such as flying to Rome rather than LA etc).

Not to be a Debbie Downer but I was trying to line up the date this Swindon thing happened with possible flying and saw this pic. This image is my biggest fear.

morrisy_095.jpg

:pray: Think geese and old ten speeds.

Wait, this thread isn't about Erica Jong?

Wait, this thread isn't about Erica Jong?

:p My friend met her at Chaucer's Bookstore in Santa Barbara and said she was a total snob. Still an amazing writer though.

He must be raking up huge number of airpoints. I'm sure his fear of flying and his hatred of airports is perhaps his number one reason for not coming all the way to New Zealand. It was 1991 since he was last here. There is a good fanbase as well.

I don't think he'll ever grace these shores.

She said you don't read women authors, do you? I said how would you know, and what would it matter anyway? She said which ones you read, then, and I said I read Erica Jong.

Watch this video taken from "The Importanc eof being Morrissey"

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd always considered it another of Morrissey's Bowie-esque affectations. Now there was a guy with a hardcore fear of flying.

Back
Top Bottom